Deals in New York, Massachusetts Dominate Calendar
- Massachusetts Water Authority Readies $326M of Revenue Refunding Bonds. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;3/14/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32089, p4
Reports on the plan of the Massachusetts Water Resource Authority to sell revenue refunding bonds. Move of Fitch Ratings Inc. to upgrade the bonds; Citation of the agency of the authority's greater independence from state aid and improved long-term planning as reasons for the upgrade;...
- Water for Everyone's Taste. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;7/29/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31437, p1
Reports the aim of the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority to appeal to the investors for a refund. Offer of a variable-rate and auction-rate debt; Role of Lehman Brothers in the deal; Provision of a letter of credit by Landesbank Baden-Wurttemberg.
- Mass. WRA Sets ARS Refunding. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;5/28/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32887, p1
The article reports on the sale of $1.16 billion of multi-modal subordinated revenue refunding debt by the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority to aid its exit from the auction-rate market and address variable-rate debt in the U.S. The transaction is planned to convert $407 million of...
- Attractive Rates in 2001 Had Southwest Refunding Like Mad. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/19/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31327, p50
Focuses on refunding deals in the bond market of southwestern U.S. states, as of February 19, 2002. Percentage increase in combined refunding and new-money issues; Factors that led to increase in amount of refunding according to data from an investment firm; Authorities that brought large...
- Safe harbor from yield burning urged. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;03/06/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30345, p4
Reports on the agreement among municipal industry bond counsel and issuer groups in the United States on an approach that federal regulators should adopt to determine which advance refunding would not be subject to enforcement action for yield-burning abuses. Group's failure to consult with US...
- Chicago agency's parks offering puts accent on minority participation. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/02/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30531, p32
Reports on a $19 million revenue refunding bond issue by the Public Building Commission of Chicago in Illinois on December 3, 1998. Target investors; Plans of reaching 30 percent minority participation in the deal.
- Deal preview: Washington State steps up with $125 million refunding. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;07/23/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30193, p2
Reports on Washington State's announcement of $125 million bond refunding in an effort to achieve its historical present-value savings target of five percent after bond market pushed interest rates.
- Maryland's St. Mary's County Readies $40.5M Package. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;8/11/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31696, p4
Reports on the plan of Saint Mary's County, Maryland to sell a $40.5 million debt package consisting of new-money bonds for various public projects and refunding bonds on August 19, 2003. Types of bonds included in the package; Fundings to be assisted through refunding bonds; Expectations of...
- Supply worries, data gap bring prices down. Patterson, Dean // Bond Buyer;11/05/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30267, p2
Reports that the supply concerns heading into the Washington government's quarterly refunding has pulled Treasury prices lower. Factors that contributed to the market's decline; Data on the status of long bond and notes.