The Bond Buyer Legislative Status Report
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;4/4/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32103, p40
Presents the summary of the status of legislative bills in the U.S. Introduction of the Transportation Equity Act; Amendment of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986; Status of the Build America Bonds Act.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;9/6/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32211, p31
Presents a chart depicting a list of proposed legislation related to bonds in the U.S. Approval of the Transportation Equity Act; Introduction of a bill amending the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide tax-exempt financing of highway projects and rail-truck transfer facilities; Aim of the...
- Chicago Council Approves Sale of $900M. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/12/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32606, p1
The article reports on the move of the Chicago City Council on selling up to $900 million of new and refunding general obligation bonds in Chicago, Illinois. The deal has been expected to include the $366 million of 30-year new-money bonds, as well as the $250 million of refunding bonds....
- W. Va. Legislature Adjourns, Minus Pension Bonds. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;7/22/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31432, p34
Reports the reluctance of the legislature to approve the sale of pension bonds in West Virginia. Increase of the interest rates; Result of the unfunded liability of the state retirement plans.
- Bold Moves Blunted But Bonds OK'd in Tough Texas Session. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/29/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32638, p8
The article reports on the opening of 80th Legislature by the lawmakers in Texas, with upheavals in mind. In the wanning days of the session, a bill that would have doubled the Texas Department of Transportation's bonding industry to $6 billion failed on a point of order. However, Governor Rick...
- Governor's Transportation Plan Survives Oregon Legislative Session. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/9/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32192, p40
Reports on the transportation bond bill favored by Oregon Governor Ted Kulongoski was considered the legislature's second longest session in history. Detail of the bill; Purpose of the bill; Evaluation of the projects for economic benefits.
- What to Expect: Budget, Bud and Schools. HORWATH, JUSTIN // Santa Fe Reporter;1/15/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p18
The article discusses legislative issues concerning the Santa Fe, New Mexico Legislature as of January 2014. It recalls the last day of the legislative session on March 16, 2013 when the lawmakers had to pass a budget with a last-minute controversial bill deemed to shake up the state's tax code,...
- Wisconsin GOP Budget Blueprint Raises Threat of Doyle Veto. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/18/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31659, p30
The Wisconsin Legislature's version of the 2003 two-year budget eliminates governor Jim Doyle's proposal to buy back up to 1.6 billion dollars of tobacco bonds, cuts 245 million dollars from a ten-year stewardship bonding program, and increases the state's structural deficit by 270 million...
- Porto Rico. // America;1/22/1910, Vol. 2 Issue 15, p382
The article reports that a cabinet officer has returned to Washington, D.C. after a trip to Porto Rico, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic and Cuba. Dickinson commended the beauty of Porto Rico, its productiveness, healthfulness and its climate. He expects Porto Rico to become a popular winter...