Effect of Intravenous Nitroglycerin on Hemodynamics of Congestive Heart Failure
- The role of cardiac power and systemic vascular resistance in the pathophysiology and diagnosis of patients with acute congestive heart failure. Cotter, Gad; Moshkovitz, Yaron; Kaluski, Edo; Milo, Olga; Nobikov, Ylia; Schneeweiss, Adam; Krakover, Ricardo; Vered, Zvi // European Journal of Heart Failure;Aug2003, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p443
Objective: Conventional hemodynamic indexes (cardiac index (CI), and pulmonary capillary wedge pressure) are of limited value in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with acute congestive heart failure (CHF). Patients and methods: We measured CI, wedge pressure, right atrial pressure (RAP)...
- Titrate nitroglycerine more aggressively. // ED Nursing;Feb2010, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p46
The article offers a clinical tip on the proper use of nitroglycerine for patients with congestive heart failure. According to Madonna Scatena, advanced practice nurse for the emergency department (ED) at Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, Illinois, nitroglycerine should be titrated...
- Evaluation of Risk Factors for Congestive Heart Failure. // Annals of Internal Medicine;1/7/2003, Vol. 138 Issue 1, p22
Evaluates the risk factors of congestive heart failure. Characteristics of congestive heart failure; Cause of congestive heart failure; Methods to measure blood pressure.
- Pulse Pressure as a Predictor of Congestive Heart Failure. Huffman, Grace Brooke // American Family Physician;8/1/1999, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p618
Focuses on a study that examined the possible relationship between increased pulse pressure and the occurrence of congestive heart failure in elderly persons. Study population; Blood pressures; Factors associated with congestive heart failure; Methodology; Results; Conclusion; Implications.
- Connection between Pulse Pressure and CHF Risk May Apply Chiefly to the Elderly. // Kidney;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p153
Investigates whether pulse pressure is an independent predictor of congestive heart failure (CHF) in the elderly. Linear association between pulse pressure and risk for CHF in the elderly; Other predictors of CHF.
- Myocardial Performance and Extracellular Ionized Calcium in a Severely Failing Human Heart. Ginsburg, Robert; Esserman, Laura J.; Bristow, Michael R. // Annals of Internal Medicine;May83 Part 1, Vol. 98 Issue 5, p603
Presents information on a study which examined severe end-stage congestive heart failure in a patient whose myocardial performance correlated directly with changes in serum ionized calcium. Relationship between serum ionized calcium levels and hemodynamic function; Case report; Adenylase...
- Attenuation of Prazosin Effect on Cardiac Output in Chronic Heart Failure. Arnold, Stephen B.; Williams, Roger L.; Ports, Thomas A.; Baughman, Robert A.; Benet, Leslie Z.; Parmley, William W.; Chatterjee, Kanu // Annals of Internal Medicine;Sep79, Vol. 91 Issue 3, p345
Presents information on a study which analyzed the persistence of the hemodynamic effects of prazosin in patients with congestive heart failure. Hemodynamic effects of multiple doses; Discussion on pharmacokinetic studies; Observation on the first-dose effect of prazosin in some patients with...
- Systolic Blood Pressure, Diastolic Blood Pressure, and Pulse Pressure as Predictors of Risk for Congestive Heart Failure in the Framingham Heart Study. Haider, Agha W.; Larson, Martin G.; Franklin, Stanley S.; Levy, Daniel // Annals of Internal Medicine;1/7/2003, Vol. 138 Issue 1, p10
Background: Although hypertension is a principal precursor of congestive heart failure (CHF), the separate relations of systolic, diastolic, and pulse pressure with risk for heart failure have not been fully elucidated. Objective: To examine the value of blood pressure predictors of heart...
- Congestive heart failure as an indication for continuous renal replacement therapy. Brause, Matthias; Deppe, Christine E.; Hollenbeck, Markus; Ivens, Katrin; Schoebel, Frank C.; Grabensee, Bernd; Heering, Peter // Kidney International Supplement;Nov1999, Issue 72, pS-95
Explores the use of continuous renal replacement therapy for congestive heart failure. Recommendation for the intermittent chronic treatment; Reduction of atrial and central venous blood pressure; Prevention of multi-organ deterioration.