The Pathology of Sympathetic Ganglia and Peripheral Nerve in Diabetic and Nondiabetic Atherosclerotic Patients: A Comparative Study
- NEWER CONCEPTS IN ATHEROSCLEROSIS: SUBLINGUAL HEPARIN. Loewe, Leo; Halpern, Alfred // Angiology;Apr1961, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p117
Comments on the new clinical diagnosis of atherosclerosis, a formation of atheromas. Common term of the disease; Symptoms of the disease; Cause of the disease.
- Incidence of and Risk Factors for Asymptomatic Peripheral Arterial Occlusive Disease: A Longitudinal Study. Hooi, Jurenne D.; Kester, Arnold D. M.; Stoffers, Henri E. J. H.; Overdijk, Marjori M.; Ree, Jan W. van; Knottnerus, J. André // American Journal of Epidemiology;Vol. 153 Issue 7, p666
The current study describes the age- and sex-specific incidence rates and risk factors for asymptomatic and symptomatic peripheral arterial occlusive disease (PAOD) among 2,327 subjects and the incidence of intermittent claudication in asymptomatic PAOD subjects. The study population was...
- Elucidating atherosclerotic vulnerable plaque rupture by modeling cross substitution of ApoE mouse and human plaque components stiffnesses. Ohayon, Jacques; Mesnier, Nicolas; Broisat, Alexis; Toczek, Jakub; Riou, Laurent; Tracqui, Philippe // Biomechanics & Modeling in Mechanobiology;Jul2012, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p801
The structure of mouse atherosclerotic lesions may differ from that of humans, and mouse atherosclerotic plaques do not rupture except in some specific locations such as the brachiocephalic artery. Recently, our group was the first to observe that the amplitudes of in vivo stresses in ApoE mouse...
- A CORRELATIVE ANATOMIC STUDY OF DEGENERATIVE OCCLUSIVE DISEASE OF THE ARTERIES OF THE LOWER EXTREMITIES. Wagner, Marvin; Ricciardi, James // Angiology;Aug1966, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p574
1. A gross anatomic study was made of arterial segments of the lower extremity, from the common iliac to the popliteal bifurcation. 2. Atheroarteriosclerosis was seen to be a disseminated disease usually involving the whole arterial tree. 3. The incidence and degree of disease involvement ...
- Diminished bronchial reactivity to cold air in diabetic patients with autonomic neuropathy. Heaton, R.W.; Guy, R.J.C.; Gray, B.J.; Watkins, P.J.; Costello, J.F. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);7/21/1984, Vol. 289 Issue 6438, p149
Investigates the role of vagal pathways in bronchial response to cold air in diabetic patients with autonomic neuropathy. Pharmacological agents used to test airway reactivity; Result of autonomic function test on patients; Symptoms of autonomic neuropathy.
- Effect of chronic mixed pesticide exposure on peripheral and autonomic nerve function. Ruijten, Marc W.M.M.; Salle, H.J.A. // Archives of Environmental Health;May/Jun94, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p188
Investigates the effect of chronic mixed pesticide exposure on peripheral and autonomic nerve function. Elements of exposure to pesticides; Consistency of the decreases in autonomic nerve function; Distribution of reduced peripheral nerve function in the legs; Prediction of a nerve conduction...
- THE EFFECT OF SUBLINGUAL HEPARIN ON LIPOPROTEIN DISTRIBUTION IN ATHEROSCLEROSIS. Biancani, G. // Angiology;Apr1961, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p119
Focuses on the capability of sublingual heparin in restoring the distribution of lipoprotein in the body in the treatment of atherosclerosis. Cause of atherosclerosis; Importance of the clearing factor of the heparin in its capacity in treating atherosclerosis; Developments in the heparin therapy.
- ETHYL LINOLEATE AS AN ANTIATHEROGENIC AGENT. Datey, K.K.; Purandare, N.M.; Dalvi, C.P. // Angiology;Oct1966, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p732
1. Seventy-eight rabbits were fed diets containing varying proportions of cholesterol (0.5 to 4 per cent). 2. Half of the rabbits served as controls, while ethyl linoleate was administered to the rest. 3. There was no evidence of arteriosclerosis in any of the treated animals. 4. Histopathologic...
- Accelerated atheroma and anti ï¿½2-glycoprotein I antibodies. Matsuura, E.; Koike, T. // Lupus;2000, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p210
Examines the possible involvement of auto-antibodies against anti-beta2- glycoprotein in accelerated atherosclerosis. Serological reactivity of antiphospholipid antibodies and anti-beta2-glycoprotein I antibodies; Biological nature and antigenicity of beta2-glycoprotein I; Oxidative...