Burke: We're Not Blocking Calls
- FCC Calls Out Comcast on Net Neutrality. Medford, Cassimir // Red Herring;1/19/2009, p2
The article reports on the letter sent by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to Comcast, challenging the cable operator to prove that it is not giving preferential treatment to its own IP voice service over rivals such as Vonage. Free Press and Public Knowledge complained to the...
- Decline of DVDs Is a Cable Opportunity to Open Windows. Arlen, Gary // Multichannel News;6/7/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p3
The article reports on the statement of Comcast Corp. chief operating officer (CFO) Steve Burke regarding the decline of videodisc (DVD) business which can create an opportunity in the cable industry by providing digital sell-through and video on demand.
- CLEARING THE AIR. // Multichannel News;10/23/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 42, p48
The article reports on the approval of the Missouri Public Service Commission (PSC) staff representatives on the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules regarding the regulation of voice-over-Internet-protocol (VoIP) services. However, the commission disagrees with how their local VoIP...
- Key Regulatory Developments For Enterprise Customers. Blaszak, Jim; Boothby, Colleen // Business Communications Review;Jan2005, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p54
The article focuses on key decisions made by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the federal courts in 2004, that will affect the interests of enterprise customers. The author says that enterprise customers are likely to face heavy weather--in the form of fewer choices, higher...
- VoIP E911--What a mess! Krauss, Jeffrey // CED;Jan2006, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p46
The article presents information on the problems of integrating voice-over-IP (VoIP) services into the E911 network in the United States. The author had written about the problem of trying to supply the location of a nomadic VoIP user in a previous issue of this journal. It never occurred to him...
- Comcast on TWC: ISP Competition Won't Be Altered. EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;9/29/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 36, p44
The article discusses the mass media firm Comcast's reply to U.S. Federal Communications Commission on the company's proposed merger with Time Warner Cable and its impact on competition between U.S. internet service providers.
- VoIP hardware communications investment. // European Telecom;Dec2011, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on the effort of FCC, a services, infrastructure and renewable energy company, is installing the voice-over-Internet protocol (VoIP) hardware and other communication solutions in various countries as part of its investment in telecommunications.
- Regulatory Roundup. // InfoWorld;03/01/99, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p44
Deals with the report `Trends in Telephone Service,' of the United States Federal Communications Commission about Internet telephony. Information provided by the report.
- Boston: It's Bombastic! City Continues to Rip Cable Kingpins at FCC. // Multichannel News;6/25/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p4
The article presents information on the regulation of basic rates of cable provider Comcast Corp. at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission in Boston, Massachusetts.