TAKE A RHETORICAL JOURNEY TO NETWORK'S EDGE
- SOFTWARE ENGINEERING GLOSSARY. Thayer, Richard // IEEE Software;May/Jun2003, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p121
Presents a glossary related to software engineering.
- SOFTWARE ENGINEERING GLOSSARY. // IEEE Software;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p97
Presens a glossary of software engineering terms related to software configuration management domain. Definitions; Usage.
- What's in a Name? McConnell, Steve // IEEE Software;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p7
Focuses on the terminology problem facing software engineering. Limitations imposed by terminology problems in doing requirements document; Consequences of terminology confusions for software engineering; Initiative taken by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers towards the...
- A component-based approach to telecommunication software. Zave, Pamela; Jackson, Michael // IEEE Software;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p70
Discusse the use of Distributed Feature Composition (DFC) as a component-based architecture for describing and implementing telecommunication services, with reference to software engineering. Identification of the feature set of a typical telecommunication system; Distinction between...
- Word of the month: Engine. // Engineer (Online Edition);7/14/2015, p3
The article explores the origin of the word engine.
- Glossary of telecommunications terms. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;04/13/98 Supplement, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p4TQ
Presents a list of terms used in the telecommunication industry. Includes allocation area; Blocking; Buffer tube; Competitive local exchange carrier; Dark fiber.
- Glossary. // Hewlett-Packard Journal;Oct96, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p12
Features various telecommunications terminology. Includes Association Control Service Element (ACSE); Agent/manager model; Abstract Syntax Notation One (STN.1) or ITU standard X.208; Basic Encoding Rules (BER); Common Management Interface Protocol (CMIP).
- Techno jargon: A telecom technology primer. Sandberg, Leslie A. // Health Management Technology;Sep95, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p31
Part I. Defines common technical telecommunication terms and their roles in the healthcare delivery business. Asynchronous transfer mode (ATM) or ATM cell relay; Switched multimegabit date service (SMDS) and frame relay; `Fixed' versus `usage-based' services; Integrated services digital...
- Definition of key data concepts. // Telephony;3/27/95, Vol. 228 Issue 13, p26
Lists definition of terms related to telecommunication in the United States. Includes available bit rate (ABR); Committed burst size (Bc); Backward explicit management (BECN).