Channel-Surfing Moves in a New Direction
- Technology Changes Enable Direct-Response Cable. Salzinger, Steve // Multichannel News;10/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p57
Comments on the effect of customers on the evolution of the cable television industry in the U.S. Complexity on the acquisition of permission for the sale of inflexible systems to customers; Difficulty of software and marketing partners to monetize customers; Marketing strategy used by cable TV...
- Cable connections. Royal, Leslie E.; Brown, Monique R. // Black Enterprise;Sep2001, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p193
Deals with the payments of consumers of digital cable channels in the United States. Benefits of having a cable or digital satellite service; Recommendations for consumers.
- Cable's Spin-Doctor Tour Takes Execs on the Road. Umstead, R. Thomas; Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;8/19/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the move of the executives from the cable industry to embark media initiatives designed to burnish the industry image in the minds of the consumers in the U.S. Convention of the officials of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association; Discussion on the dynamics of the business.
- Net gain for Cable. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/26/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 49, p4
Reports the possible rise of Internet television (TV) through cable tv in the United States. Prediction that consumers will look for one-stop shopping for entertainment, Internet and telephony; Ability of the cable tv to combine all three.
- Attention, Shoppers. Booth, Stephen A. // Adweek Western Edition;06/14/99, Vol. 49 Issue 24, SPECIAL REPORT: CABLE p28
Discusses how consumers will benefit from telecommunications industry mergers in the United States. Ratings of cable carriers; Lower product prices; Instant gratification in electronic commerce products; Examples of mergers.
- Viewers Just Can't Get Enough Cable. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;7/26/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p34
In this article the author discusses aspects on the average number of hours spent by consumers in the U.S. viewing cable television programming, which reveals that consumers are still watchiing in record numbers.
- What's Up With the Urban Markets Conference? Symonds, Curtis // Multichannel News;09/04/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p45
Comments on the United States cable television industry executives' lack of interest in the 2000 Urban Markets Conference. Industry's failure to appreciate the importance of diversity in cable television audience.
- To Seal In Revenues, Open the Video Lock. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;3/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p40
Focuses on the inability of cable providers to change the lock on digital-video security in the U.S. Preference of consumers on direct-broadcast satellite; Details on the deployment of revenue-producing interactive services; Form of encryption and conditional access.
- Verizon Sets Live TV iPad App for FiOS. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;8/23/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p4
The article reports on the new video application of the Verizon FiOS which offers an iPad application that allows subscribers to view a live cable network feeds to the computer tablets of Apple Inc.