Battle of the Bundles
- Engineering News. // CT's Pipeline;11/13/2007, p2
The article focuses on trends in the use of switched digital video (SDV) in North America, with many cable operators either deploying the technology or getting ready to do so in the next few months. Less extensively explored has been the question of how to gain overall visibility into the...
- Big things are in pipeline for cable. Snoddy, Raymond // Marketing (00253650);3/8/2006, p22
The article reports on some of the activities of the cable companies in Great Britain. In Great Britain, Freeview has installed 10 million digital boxes in 6.4 million homes, closing the gap dramatically on Sky's 8 million satellite homes, while cable lags with 2.7m digital homes. Apart from...
- Avoiding the proprietary path. Jeff-Baumgartner // CED;Jun2006, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p3
In this article, the author expresses concern over the reluctance of the cable industry in adopting new innovations. The cable industry was slow to adopt digital video recording and portable media. It allowed the Distributed Base Station to take the initiative on both. Recently cable television...
- Broadband Bragging Rights. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;8/2/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 30, p18
The article presents the data collected by network-performance information provider Ookla regarding the domination of cable operators as the fastest U.S. residential Internet-service providers (ISPs) based on download speeds while telephone companies are better on the upstream side.
- Cable TV. Ross, Chuck // Advertising Age;3/25/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 13, p23
The article points out that advertisers in the United States will encounter problems as well as opportunities from the entry of the telcos into the cable television market. The competition between telephone companies and traditional cable operators does not affect the reach of the national...
- LINGO. // Multichannel News;4/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p8
The article discusses the development of television navigation system wherein one could limitless find and allow the viewing of video from any source including DVR, the Internet and a computer's hard drive.
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.
- TALKBACK. // Multichannel News;1/25/2016, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p36
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues of the publication "Multichannel News" including "Cable Rates Rise 3%-4% on Average in 2016" in the January 18, 2016 issue and "Cuba-Themed Network Set to Launch This Spring" in the January 19, 2016 issue.
- Flash! back. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/4/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 14, p7
Presents the top 10 most likely to succeed cable channels in the U.S. in 1995, according to cable executives, including Cartoon Network.