Telco Video: Where's the Edge?
- Broadband backpedaling. Levine, Shira // America's Network;4/15/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 6, p20
Reports on the investment on broadband communication systems by telecommunication companies in the U.S. Expansion of the digital subscriber lines of Verizon Communications Inc.; Initiation of the investment of SBC Communications Inc. on broadband; Indications of more percentage of subscribers...
- BellSouth Mulls Speed Tiers, Pricing. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;6/23/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p27
BellSouth Corp. is eyeing possible changes to digital subscriber line (DSL) pricing and tiered speeds to better its chances in the broadband-services battleâ€” but that might not include a price drop in line with its Baby Bell peers. At the mid-year mark, the Atlanta-based regional Bell...
- The Fastest Net Yet. Desmond, Michael; Albro, Edward N. // PC World;Oct2005, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p16
The article reports on broadband Internet access that can accelerate Web browsing and file downloads. Spearheading the bandwidth offerings are fiber-optic services from Verizon and SBC. For customers, these offerings can immediately speed up music, photo, video, and software downloads. The cost...
- SBC orders from high-fiber menu. Dawson // Multichannel News;10/25/99, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p1
Provides information on SBC Communications Inc.'s broadband-upgrade plan. Company's intention to launch asymmetric-digital-subscriber-line (ADSL) platforms delivering full-screen video and multiple lines of packetized voice service; Aim to become a competitive local-exchange carrier offering...
- Renewed commitment to DSL. Hayes, Duffy // CED;Dec2002, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p24
Determines the impact of digital subscriber (DSL) line on Verizon Communications Inc. Services offered by the company; Stages of DSL development; Reassessment of the broadband service by Verizon.
- Ops Downplay Impact of Verison DSL Discount. Farrell, Mike; Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;5/12/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p31
The article focuses on the performance of U.S. cable operators in the high-speed Internet business market. Verizon Communications Inc. decided to introduce new digital subscriber lines (DSL) pricing scheme in select markets by May 13, 2003. SBC Communications Inc. reduced its DSL pricing to $25...
- I WANT MY DSL TV. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;5/3/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 9, p23
Comments on the increase in the number of DSL subscribers for telephone companies in the United States in the first quarter of 2004. Net additions reported by SBC Communications and Verizon; Benefits of price cuts and aggressive marketing.
- RBOCs report strong demand for DSL services. Martin, Michael // Network World;02/05/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p23
Reports on an explosive growth in year 2000 of digital subscribe line (DSL) numbers for the regional Bell operating companies in the United States. Subscribers of SBC Communications, Verizon Communications, Qwest Communications and Bellsouth; Reasons for the rise in DSL numbers.
- Telco Competition. // CableFAX Daily;11/1/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 212, p2
The article presents an update on telecommunication companies in the U.S. as of November 1, 2005. UBS expects Verizon to get 20,000 video subscribers by the end of the year and 345,000 by 2006. SBC has decided to drop the rate for its SBC Yahoo! Digital Subscriber Line Pro to $21.99 per month.