PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- PEOPLE. // Multichannel News;09/11/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p48
Reports on news and developments concerning executives in the United States cable and television broadcasting industries. Andy Quinn's appointment as president of the North American operations of Bookham Technology; Senior management executives appointed at Broadserve Inc., a...
- Programming's 'Haves' and Have Nots.' Paskowski, Marianne; Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;11/27/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p1
Presents a discussion held among cable television executives regarding the state of affairs between multisystem cable operators (MSO) and programmers in the United States. Names of participating executives and their affiliations; Status of the relationship between MSO and programmers; Problems...
- New-breed execs: Made, not born. Edelson, Sharon // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/1/1994, Vol. 167 Issue 40, p9
Profiles executives of several home shopping networks. Management style; Comments on their staff.
- 12 to watch roundup 2000. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;01/22/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 4, pG5
Profiles executives in the television broadcasting industry in the United States. Chris Albrecht; Marcy Carsey and Tom Werner; Jim Cicconi; Susanne Daniels.
- What's on your holiday wish list for your station? // Electronic Media;12/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 51, p18
Presents the wishes of various executives involved in television broadcasting in the United States for their stations during the holiday season. WBZ-TV general manager Ed Goldman; KJRH-TV general manager William Donahue; KJCT-TV general manager Dan Mason.
- Webmeisters feel power outage. Hontz, Jenny // Variety;08/24/98, Vol. 372 Issue 2, p1
Focuses on the changes in the responsibilities of a president of a network television in the United States. Appointment of Nancy Tellem as president of Columbia Broadcasting Service; Effect of media conglomerates to the president's responsibilities; Case of Peter Roth, president of the Fox network.
- People. Alleyne, P. Llanor // Broadcasting & Cable;7/29/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 31, p40
Reports career developments of several television broadcasting executives in the U.S. Appointment of Julio Marenghi to vice president of WCBS-TV; Promotion of David Hyman to vice president for creating programming of WNBC(TV); Selection of Joe Borgwardt to local sales manager of WXMI-TV.
- Generating generations. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/15/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 3, p22
Presents top executives of television broadcasting in the United States. Employment of Bob Cook by Fox network to lead syndication unit of Fox; Introduction of Ed Wilson as the president of NBC Enterprises and Syndication; Presidency of Steve Mosko at the Columbia TriStar Television...
- TWO CENTS. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/15/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 3, p129
Features the reported commentaries and opinions of television executives about the changes in the broadcasting industry in the United States.