Lawmakers Mull Regulating Nielsen
- NIELSEN WATCHDOG. Triplett, William // Daily Variety;1/31/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 24, p6
Reports on the request of the Media Rating Council for help from the U.S. Federal Trade Commission in making Nielsen Media Research Inc. comply with audits. Aim of the council for the federal agency and the Congress to reaffirm the role and mission of the council; Belief of the council for the...
- Local Nielsen meters under fire from solon. Crabtree, Susan // Daily Variety;10/8/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 5, p17
Reports that Senator Conrad Burns has asked the Federal Trade Commission to investigate television ratings company Nielsen Media Research Inc. and its Local People Meter ratings system in the United States. Claim that the rating system undercounts minority viewers; Threat that Burns will...
- Nielsen will abide by voluntary ratings code. Triplett, William // Daily Variety;7/28/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 18, p2
Reports on the assurance of Nielsen Media Research Inc.'s Susan Whiting that the company would abide by a new voluntary Media Rating Council (MRC) audit and accreditation code during a hearing in the U.S. Senate. Protest of Whiting of the negative impact of the code on the ratings systems; Aim...
- Nielsen, Arbitron Agree to Agree. Bachman, Katy // MediaWeek;06/05/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 23, p6
Reports on the June 2000 announcement of Nielsen Media Research and Arbitron Co. that they will cooperate on a test of Arbitron's portable people meter for measuring multimedia audience-ratings. Terms of the deal; Possibility of a joint venture between the two ratings companies; How the...
- Nielsen Moves Cautiously On LPMs in D.C., Philly. B�rgi, Michael // MediaWeek;6/6/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p8
Reports that Nielsen Media Research has extended the period during which it will offer both existing metered-market ratings service and its new local people meter (LPM) service in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and Washington, D.C. in June 2005. Statement issued by Nielsen regarding its extended...
- Nielsen combines data with Facebook to assess branding. McEleny, Charlotte // New Media Age;1/28/2010, p04
The article reports on the plan of Nielsen and Facebook to introduce the measurement service called Brandlift in Great Britain in 2010 to measure the impact of online brand advertising.
- Nielsen Primetime Ratings Report. // Daily Variety;8/20/2008, Vol. 300 Issue 33, p15
The article lists the August 2008 Nielsen Media Research Inc. primetime ratings report which includes top cable networks, top shows in 12-34, and top shows in 18-49.
- It's Official: NBC Wins 18-49 Race. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;12/9/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 50, p16
Reports on rating points according to Nielsen's national numbers for various television channels for the month of November 2002. Position of various channels on ratings chart; Table of data for comparison of performance of the networks in November 2002 and 2001; Plans of networks regarding...
- NIELSEN/ Nov. 25-Dec. / RATINGS. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/9/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 50, p18
Presents Nielsen ratings for various television programs in the U.S. as of December 9, 2002. Points for American Broadcasting Co.'s Primetime; Rank of Fox entertainment network's Boston Public.