Texas: Deep in the Heart Of the Hispanic Market
- Premium Picks Up. Karrfalt, Wayne // Multichannel News;10/29/2001 Supplement, Vol. 22, p14S
Reports on efforts of digital cable tiers in wooing Hispanic American customers in the United States. Creation of packages targeting the Hispanic markets; Offer of programs with Hispanic origin; Prices of offered packages.
- Subscribers Top 1 million. // Multichannel News;10/29/2001 Supplement, Vol. 22, p16S
Reports on the number of Hispanic Americans subscribing to cable television companies in the United States. Creation of subscription packages specifically for Latinos; Percentage increase on Latino subscribers; Reference made on the research conducted by Cheskin Research.
- Playing Catch-Up. Karrfalt, Wayne // Multichannel News;10/29/2001 Supplement, Vol. 22, p18S
Reports on the offers given by cable television operators to Hispanic American consumers in the United States. Specific areas focused by various operators; Rates of the packages offered; Place of coverage of programs.
- Comcast Goes Local. // Multichannel News;10/29/2001 Supplement, Vol. 22, p18S
Reports the program for Hispanic Americans on the Comcast Cable of Dover in Delaware. Accessibility of local public affairs show; Production of show in Spanish; Schedule of airing of the program.
- Leading the Way in LA. Karrfalt, Wayne // Multichannel News;10/29/2001 Supplement, Vol. 22, p34S
Reports on the offer made by Adelphia to Hispanic American subscribers in Los Angeles, California. Delivery of brochures to Hispanic households; Creation of Spanish-language channels; Rates of monthly subscription.
- Transforming TV. Haley, Kathy // Multichannel News;10/29/2001 Supplement, Vol. 22, p35S
Reports on the introduction of Spanish language networks on cable television for Hispanic American viewers in the United States. Effect of Spanish-language broadcasting; Acquisition of the National Broadcasting Co. of Telemundo; Reason behind the acquisition.
- Cable sets pace via assimilated Hispanic fare. Pendleton, Jennifer // Advertising Age;9/18/2000, Vol. 71 Issue 39, special section pS22
Discusses trends in the depiction of Hispanic Americans in cable television programming as of 2000. Details of the all-Latino cast of Nickelodeon's sitcom 'The Brothers Garcia,' and other programs aimed at Hispanic children; Demographic statistics for Hispanic youth audiences in the United...
- Cable Channels Vie For Young Latino Audiences. Clemens, Luis // Multichannel News;2/13/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p20
The article focuses on challenges for cable operators in targeting second-generation Hispanic American viewers in the U.S. There are 22 million U.S.-born Hispanics according to the U.S. Census Bureau 2004 figures. Cesar Cruz, president of consulting firm Mi Gente, comments on the Hispanic...
- The Opportunity at Hand. Haley, Kathy // Multichannel News;10/29/2001 Supplement, Vol. 22, p5S
Focuses on the increase of Hispanic American consumers in the United States. Availability of opportunities for cable television operators; Percentage of corporations that tend to ignore the Hispanic population; Reference made on the 2000 US Census.