THE HIGH RATE OF PSYCHIATRIC DISORDERS IN ELDERLY CARDIAC PATIENTS
- Exercise capacity in a 78 year old patient with McArdle's disease: it is never too late to start exercising. Perez, M.; Martin, M. A.; Rubio, J. C.; Maté-Muñoz, J. L.; Gómez-Gallego, F.; Foster, C.; Andreu, A. L.; Arenas, J.; Lucia, A. // British Journal of Sports Medicine;Aug2006, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p725
The case is reported of a 78 year old man with McArdle's disease and a history of treated coronary heart disease. Despite the pre-exercise administration of sucrose allowing the patient to exercise with normal physiological responses, and without typical McArdle's symptoms or biochemical...
- Increased thrombin generation is associated with acute ischemic stroke but not with coronary heart disease in the elderly: the Three-City cohort study. // Current Medical Literature: Lysosomal Storage Disease;2012, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p120
The article presents a cohort study regarding the association of thrombin generation with acute ischemic stroke (AIS) and coronary heart disease (CHD) in the elderly. The study consisted of 1177 random samples wherein endogenous thrombin potential (ETP) and peak height of thrombin generation...
- A mobile thrombus in the left main coronary artery which caused acute myocardial infarction. Kaya, Zeynettin; Tuncez, Abdullah; Küçük, M. Alparslan // Journal of Clinical & Experimental Investigations / Klinik ve De;2012, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p558
The article presents a case study of a 54-year old man with acute anterior myocardial infarction. The coronary angiogram performed with a guiding catheter has revealed the presence of mobile thrombus image in left main coronary artery (LMCA). The patient has received streptokinase diluted with...
- ROLE OF CARDIAC STRESS TEST IN PATIENTS OVER 65 YEARS OLD WITH ISCHEMIC CARDIAC INSUFFICIENCY. SUCEVEANU, PAUL NICOLAE; POP, DANA; ZDRENGHEA, DUMITRU; MANIŢIU, IOAN // Acta Medica Transilvanica;dec2014, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p247
Elderly's cardiac insufficiency (CI) represents a public health issue. Within this context, the aim of the study is to assess cardiac stress test capacity of the patients with ischemic CI with a view to include them in cardiovascular rehabilitation programmes. Two groups of patients were...
- Editorial. Abyad, Abdul // Middle East Journal of Age & Ageing;Sep2012, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses reports within the issue on topics including the level of awareness of elderly patients on medication use, the association between living arrangements and health well being and the incidence of mental and physical disorders in old people.
- Thallium exercise tests are not useful in patients with stable CHD. // Modern Medicine;Mar95, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p40
Presents an abstract of the article `Limited Usefulness of Exercise Testing and Thallium Scintigraphy in Evaluation of Ambulatory Patients Several Months After Recovery From an Acute Coronary Event: Implications for Management of Stable Coronary Heart Disease,' by R.J. Krone, J.J. Gregory, et al...
- Psychological adjustment following coronary artery bypass graft surgery. Hagen, Janet W. // Rehabilitation Counseling Bulletin;Dec91, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p97
Studies patterns of psychological adjustment following coronary bypass surgery. Instruments; Procedures; Graphic representation of T scores for patient groups; Levels of psychological distress.
- CLINICAL REALITY OF CORONARY PREVENTION IN EUROPE: A COMPARISON OF EUROASPIRE I, II AND III SURVEYS. // Heart;Jul2008 Supp, Vol. 94, pA33
An abstract of the article "Clinical Reality of Coronary Prevention in Europe: A Comparison of Euroaspire I, II and III Surveys," by K. Kotseva, C. Jennings, and D. De Bacquer is presented.
- WHAT IS BEST FOR CORONARY PATIENTS? Sewell, W. H. // Vascular Surgery;Sep/Oct1972, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p210
Discusses issues concerning policies for the management of coronary patients in the U.S. as of September 1972. Conflict involved in the application of coronary arteriography to coronary patients; Variations of clinical indications for vein graft surgery; Comment given by conservative...