The Dinero Dynamos
- ITV advertising revenues plunges. Benady, David // Marketing Week;1/11/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p12
Reports on an expected decline in the advertising revenues of British cable television network ITV by up to nine percent in January 2001 and February 2001 compared with the same period in 2000. Factors contributing to the revenue drop; Concerns about a general downturn in advertising in 2001.
- Fox trumpets victory over CNN. Linnett, Richard // Advertising Age;7/14/2003, Vol. 74 Issue 28, p8
The article reports on the advertising revenues of cable news network Fox News in the United States as of July 14, 2003. Key issues discussed include the value of the advertising profits of the cable television network and a comparison of the advertising revenue of Fox News with other cable news...
- Cable TV. Crupi, Anthony // Adweek;1/2/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p4
The article focuses on cable television advertising in the U.S. While it may be hyperbolic to label 2005 as a bad year as far as the cable advertising marketplace is concerned, it is not a stretch to suggest that most network advertising sales executives are not going to look back on last year...
- Digital insertion products open local ad gateways. Plotkin, Amanda // Advertising Age;3/25/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 13, p32
The article explains that the flexibility, quality and reliability of local cable television in the U.S. is improved by digital ad insertion systems at cable interconnects and local cable operators. The programs enable advertisers to customize spots specific zones. Digital ad insertion permits...
- New campaigns. Lucas, Sloane // Adweek Western Edition;11/03/97, Vol. 47 Issue 44, p16
Focuses on the Home Box Office (HBO) cable television network's commercials. What the commercials depict; Who directed the commerical; Identification of the advertising agency.
- The Appeal of Retromercials. Gunther, Marc // Fortune;4/28/1997, Vol. 135 Issue 8, p32
Focuses on the television network Nickelodeon's TV Land which exploits nostalgia by airing vintage television sitcoms as well as the commercials that were famous during that time. The appeal to advertisers; Advertisers who preferred not to participate; What TV Land was inspired by; How...
- TNT Classic Movies is... // Campaign;01/29/99, Issue 4, p16
Focuses on the move of cable television network TNT to introduce advertisements during breaks in their films.
- C4 move shows limits of virtual agency concept. // Campaign;07/16/99, Issue 28, p31
Comments on the television advertising concepts implemented for the relaunching of the Channel 4 cable station in Great Britain. Discussion of future advertising and marketing plans with agencies in London; Questions on the success of the station's advertising strategies.
- ITV revenues likely to fall by one-fifth in April. // Marketing Week;3/8/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p13
Reports on the expected fall of advertising revenue of British television network ITV in April 2001. Impact of Internet companies; Projected percentage drop in advertising revenue.