The Dinero Dynamos
- ITV advertising revenues plunges. Benady, David // Marketing Week;1/11/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p12
Reports on an expected decline in the advertising revenues of British cable television network ITV by up to nine percent in January 2001 and February 2001 compared with the same period in 2000. Factors contributing to the revenue drop; Concerns about a general downturn in advertising in 2001.
- Fox trumpets victory over CNN. Linnett, Richard // Advertising Age;7/14/2003, Vol. 74 Issue 28, p8
The article reports on the advertising revenues of cable news network Fox News in the United States as of July 14, 2003. Key issues discussed include the value of the advertising profits of the cable television network and a comparison of the advertising revenue of Fox News with other cable news...
- Cable TV. Crupi, Anthony // Adweek;1/2/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p4
The article focuses on cable television advertising in the U.S. While it may be hyperbolic to label 2005 as a bad year as far as the cable advertising marketplace is concerned, it is not a stretch to suggest that most network advertising sales executives are not going to look back on last year...
- Digital insertion products open local ad gateways. Plotkin, Amanda // Advertising Age;3/25/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 13, p32
The article explains that the flexibility, quality and reliability of local cable television in the U.S. is improved by digital ad insertion systems at cable interconnects and local cable operators. The programs enable advertisers to customize spots specific zones. Digital ad insertion permits...
- MTV's age spots. Mukherjee, Tiarra // Entertainment Weekly;05/03/96, Issue 325, p11
Focuses on the advertisement for Music Television that is a parody of Courtney Love and Madonna. Features of the ad; David LaChapelle, the ads creator; Reaction from Love and Madonna.
- Chris Boothby was encouraged by ITV's autumn schedule, but wished the BBC had a mention. // Campaign (UK);7/5/2002, Issue 26, p10
Examines the business performance of ITV programme in Great Britain. Emphasis on the lack of imagination against old program schedule; Need to show improvements in performance; Concern on ITV's marketing and relationship with viewers.
- USA clears daytime slate for make-goods. Ross, Chuck // Advertising Age;6/16/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 24, p12
Discusses plans by USA Network to remove all its daytime advertising inventory off the market for the second and third quarter in 1997 to accommodate make-goods for advertisers. The removal of remaining available time from sales; The underdelivery of the network; The USA problems as surprising...
- Great Day for advertisers at Pax TV. Stanley, T.L. // Brandweek;08/24/98, Vol. 39 Issue 32, p12
Reports on national broadcast network Pax TV's blending of television advertisements into the editorial content of its two television programs. Presence of sponsored segments within daily television program `Great Day America'; Efforts of Pax founder Bud Paxson to attract a family-friendly niche...
- Media choice. // Campaign;10/24/97, Issue 43, p16
Presents the author's television advertisement of choice from Paramount Comedy Channel in London, England as of October 24, 1997.