The Great Kids Debate
- No Minor Market. Kridel, Tim // Multichannel News;8/27/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 34, p14
The article reports on efforts by U.S. television networks to cater to Hispanic children and adults in light of the rising Hispanic population. Verizon Communications' FiOS TV has four kids channels in its Spanish tier. Disney Channel aired "Cheetah Girls" in Spanish and will release "Wizards of...
- Ads Should Speak to Hispanic Community. Shagrin, Ceril // Television Week;11/6/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p8
The article emphasizes the necessity to create Spanish-language television advertisements that appeal to the Hispanic American community. Surveys by Nielsen Media Research and Simmons Market Research show that speaking and reading Spanish are important to more than 90% Hispanics. The U.S. has...
- BREAKING DOWN THE MARKET MYTHS. Rosenblum, Keith // Television Week;10/10/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p17
Provides information on several misconceptions and its explanations about the relationship between Hispanic American viewers and television broadcasting in the U.S. Utilization of Spanish language by television networks; Presence of U.S. Spanish-language networks in the television broadcasting...
- Hispanic TV focuses on relevance. Sutter, Mary // Variety;10/24/2005, Vol. 400 Issue 10, p16
This article focuses on the third annual Hispanic Television Summit in Miami, Florida, from October 18 to 19, 2005. Relevance was the buzz word at the third annual Hispanic Television Summit. But relevant programming does not automatically mean Spanish-language when it comes to targeting U.S....
- Premium Picks Up. Karrfalt, Wayne // Multichannel News;10/29/2001 Supplement, Vol. 22, p14S
Reports on efforts of digital cable tiers in wooing Hispanic American customers in the United States. Creation of packages targeting the Hispanic markets; Offer of programs with Hispanic origin; Prices of offered packages.
- Subscribers Top 1 million. // Multichannel News;10/29/2001 Supplement, Vol. 22, p16S
Reports on the number of Hispanic Americans subscribing to cable television companies in the United States. Creation of subscription packages specifically for Latinos; Percentage increase on Latino subscribers; Reference made on the research conducted by Cheskin Research.
- Playing Catch-Up. Karrfalt, Wayne // Multichannel News;10/29/2001 Supplement, Vol. 22, p18S
Reports on the offers given by cable television operators to Hispanic American consumers in the United States. Specific areas focused by various operators; Rates of the packages offered; Place of coverage of programs.
- Comcast Goes Local. // Multichannel News;10/29/2001 Supplement, Vol. 22, p18S
Reports the program for Hispanic Americans on the Comcast Cable of Dover in Delaware. Accessibility of local public affairs show; Production of show in Spanish; Schedule of airing of the program.
- Spanish Lesson. Case, Tony // MediaWeek;5/28/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 22, pSR18
The article examines the growing commercial success of U.S. Spanish-language television networks. The networks are attracting national advertisers who previously ignored them. Advertising revenues for Spanish-language networks increased far more in 2006 than did those of English-language...