TREATMENT OF VARICOSE VEINS: SCLEROTHERAPY WITH COMPRESSION OR STRIPPING WITH MULTIPLE LIGATIONS?
- Efekti ligature rano otkrivenih insuficijentnih perforantnih vena nogu kao uzroÄnika varikoznog sindroma. Sekulović, Leposava; Sekulović, Slobodan; Kronja, Goran // Vojnosanitetski Pregled: Military Medical & Pharmaceutical Journ;Jun2009, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p449
Background/Aim. Perforated veins (PV) connect surface and deep veins net. Insufficient perforated veins (IPV) are considered to be one of the causes of the venous stasis syndrome. Ligating IPV removes increased pressure transmission from the deep veins to the surface veins system and prevents...
- A MODIFICATION OF AIRBLOCK TECHNIQUE IN THE SCLEROSING THERAPY OF VARICOSE VEINS. Dziaczkowski, Igor // Angiology;Nov1962, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p537
By the use of a rubber tube, situated between the needle and syringe, the introduction of air into the varicose vein during the sclerotheraphy is facilitated.
- Gross and Microscopic Findings in the Human Esophagus after Esophageal Variceal Band Ligation: A Postmortem Analysis. Marks, Robert D.; Arnold, Muoi D.; Baron, Todd H. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Feb1993, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p272
Endoscopic sclerotherapy has been the therapy of choice for controlling acute variceal hemorrhage. Recently, endoscopic band ligation has been utilized for the management of esophageal varices with fewer complications and greater efficacy. We report the pathologic findings in the human esophagus...
- ASK DR ANDREW. Gibson, Donna // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);4/25/2005, Vol. 57 Issue 17, p81
Provides information on varicose veins. Factors that may increase the chance of having them, including obesity; Treatment options such as sclerotherapy and surgery.
- Skin Surgery Experts Perform Vanishing Act on Veins. // Dermatology Nursing;Apr2000, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p137
Reports on the discovery of several surgical treatments of spider and varicose leg veins. Innovative devices that enhances the results of sclerotherapy treatment; Alternative procedures for varicose veins removal; Benefits of laser procedures.
- TO SOLVE VEIN PROBLEMS... Lally, Steven; Shimer, Porter; London, Cemela; Eickmeier, Jan; Sangiorgio, Maureen; Piszczek, Carole // Prevention;Dec89, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p45
Describes procedures to solve problems of the veins and arteries. Availability of the device called rotablator that sands down plaque blockage in the arteries; Advantages of the non-surgical alternative for the treatment of varicose veins called sclerotherapy.
- What treatments are effective for varicose veins? Hagen, Michael D.; Johnson, E. Diane; Adelman, Alan // Journal of Family Practice;Apr2003, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p329
This article presents various treatments for varicose veins. Therapeutic options include conservative measures, injection sclerotherapy, surgical vein ligation, laser and thermal ablation and venotonic medications. A randomized trial among 121 subjects revealed that long-term outcomes are...
- A Review of Current Treatment Strategies for Varicose Veins. Badri, Hassan; Bhattacharya, Vish // Recent Patents on Cardiovascular Drug Discovery;Jun2008, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p126
Objectives: To systematically review data to determine if Endovenous Laser Ablation (EVLA), Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA), and Foam Sclerotherapy (FS) have any advantages or disadvantages in comparison with conventional surgical ligation and stripping of great saphenous vein (GSV) varices. EVLA...
- New Technologies for the Treatment of Varicose Veins and Venous Reflux. Ballard, Jeffrey L. // Vascular;Nov2005 Supplement, Vol. 13, pS19
The article describes new technologies for the treatment of varicose veins and venous reflux. The Closure procedure is a catheter-based procedure that uses radio frequency to treat saphenous vein reflux. Endovenous laser ablation is also a viable treatment option for saphenous vein reflux. The...