Charting New Directions
- Plenty of good questions, not a lot of answers. Kramer, Staci D. // Cable World (10427228);4/7/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p18
Reports on the business strategy of Charter Communications Incorporated. Comparison between finding the right advanced video strategies with running a store according to Richard Yelen, vice president of marketing at Charter; Deployment of video-on-demand services by the firm. INSET: CHARTER...
- Sales Give Charter Boost. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p10
The article reports on the corporate strategy of Charter Communications Inc., a cable operator in the U.S. According to the author, the sales of the company of its systems has greatly helped to consolidate its footprint. Company CEO Neil Smit states that the clustering of the firms systems have...
- CART Will Offer Its Teams More Incentives in 2003. Stone, David // Auto Racing Digest;Jan2003, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p14
Reports the business planning of the cable television network CART. Enactment of incentive plan; Creation of marketing opportunities to associate sponsors; Establishment of race title sponsorship.
- National cable nets challenged. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;7/22/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p1
Reports the business plan of Cable Connect, a local cable unwired network in the U.S. Improvements in the television programs of Cable Connect; Development of the advertisement to enhance programming; Strategies used to attract clients.
- Rebranded Nets Settle Into New Skin. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/3/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p10
Reports on the rebranding of cable television networks in the United States. Reasons of the change of programming philosophy; Effects of the rebranding on the distribution and viewership; Role of ratings on the success of network rebranding efforts.
- Migrating to data requires savvy business strategy. Kuhl // CED;Jul99, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p96
Stresses that definition of business strategy is necessary for cable operators expecting to compete in the emerging market of Internet and data-related businesses. Plant management; Costs associated with network services; Functions of network operations centers.
- Cable's bossy branding. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;7/15/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p23
Focuses on the business strategy employed by E!, Court TV and TechTV cable networks in the U.S. Slogans of cable networks; Initiation of rebranding campaigns by E!, Court TV and TechTV; Design of the cable tagline 'Enjoy the Show.'
- Two approaches to affil pacts. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;7/15/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 29, p6
Reports the consideration of renewing the inventory-buyback plan among the affiliates of the cable television industry in the U.S. Negotiation between ABC and the affiliate board; Generation of revenue; Alteration of the prime-time schedule.
- Upfront, Cross-Media Fight for Spotlight. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;5/13/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p16
Reports on the competition between cross-platform mega-deals with broadcast and cable upfronts in the U.S. Opinion of Music television network president Mark Rosenthal on the issue; Transaction between Viacom and Proctor & Gamble; Survey on the opinion of advertiser and agency executives on the...