All Infomercials, All the Time
- Expansion of Our Horizons Should Continue to Be the Goal in 2003. Haire, Thomas // Response;Jan2003, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p4
Comments on the state of the direct response television (DRTV) industry as of January 2003. Expansion of horizons of the industry in 2002; Recovery after a difficult end in 2001; Opportunities for growth in 2003; Trend toward product placement led by companies like WorldLink and Infotainment Media.
- Do Fixed Spot Buys Have A Place in Direct Campaigns? John, David // Response;Jan2003, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p40
Discusses the place of fixed spot buys (FSPs) in direct response television (DRTV) advertising. FSB as supplemental component to DRTV spots that can yield incremental responses without sacrificing the program's overall cost-per-inquiry; Sample set of circumstances where FSB is used...
- Research The IMS Top DRTV National Cable Rankings. // Response;Nov2008, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p18
The article lists the top 5 cable infomercials and cable spots in the U.S. as of September 2008.
- From the Lab. // Response;Jan2003, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p14
Offers tips for maximizing results for the call to action and accompanying blue screen in direct response television marketing. Price point; Combined offer configuration; Product shot; 800 number, Web site and credit cards; Computer graphics; Common mistakes in each category.
- COMPARING INFOMERCIAL AND COMMERCIAL ON A NEWSPAPER CABLE TELEVISION CHANNEL. Anderson, Patricia M.; Abbott, Sharen M. // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;1985, p140
Describes an experiment conducted to study the relative impact of cable television infomercial and commercial for an unfamiliar product. Comparison with related research; Research hypotheses and method; Beliefs and purchase intent of viewers of the infomercial compared with viewers of the...
- Learning process. Fahey, Alison // Advertising Age;6/10/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 24, p38
This article reports on the effort of the Discovery Channel to restructure its educational cable network, the Learning Channel, to expand its advertising and subscriber base. Plans set for fall 1991 include restricting infomercials, establishing dayparts and quadrupling the Learning Channel's...
- Media Questions? While Waiting, How About Some New Media Answers. Haire, Thomas // Response;May2006, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p6
The article discusses the implications of fragmenting the media marketplace and viewer choice for the direct response television industry in the United States. It cites the Federal Communications Commission's ever-changing opinion on breaking up cable provider's way of packaging networks in...
- LONG-FORM PROGRAMS. // Response;Mar2002, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p18
Presents a chart on Infomercial Monitoring Service Inc.'s top 20 direct response television national cable rankings in the U.S. for the month of January 2002. Top long-form programs; Top short-form programs; Names of shows; Marketing companies; Rankings; Prices; Titles of programs.
- Jordan Whitney's Program Rankings. // Response;Jan2003, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p10
Presents Jordan Whitney Inc.'s ranking of the top 10 infomercials and the top 10 direct response television spots for the week ending November 29, 2002. Previous ranking; Program; Host; Product; Price; Producer or distributor.