Judge Raps Lafayette, LA., on Bonds
- Wi-Fi flap nixes deal. Gonsalves, Chris // eWeek;12/12/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p28
The article reports on a fundamental debate pitting business ethics and social responsibility against fair trade and capitalism involving BellSouth Corp. and New Orleans city administrators in Louisiana. New Orleans' police department was holed up in stores and hotels and unused apartments...
- Gulf Breeze Agrees to Loan $50,000 To Florida Water Agency, If Necessary. // Bond Buyer;8/22/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31704, p5
Reports that Gulf Breeze City Council will loan Florida Water Services Authority to take legal action against Florida Water Services Corp. if the authority and the corporation cannot negotiate settlement arising from the cancellation of deal to issue tax-exempt revenue bonds. Amount of bonds;...
- EC challenge over Edinburgh site. Hayman, Allister // Regeneration & Renewal;5/4/2010, p17
The article reports that the Edinburgh City Council may face a legal battle over the sale of its Caltongate site in Scotland.
- QOS as the new standard. Weber, Toby // Telephony;04/17/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 16, p28
Announces improvement in the offerings of BellSouth Corp.'s re-branded Internet business. Notable change in the company's portfolio; Moves to improve its broadband offerings; Offering for the introductory promotion.
- BellSouth Boosts Broadband Business. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;10/22/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 43, p28
Focuses on the Broadband business growth at BellSouth Corporation in the United States. Development projects of the corporation; Comment of Chris Parsons, BellSouth senior vice president of market development; Introduction of metropolitan gigabit Ethernet data service in Atlanta.
- Kutztown Muni Befuddles Ops. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;5/6/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p62
Focuses on the addition of fiber-to-the-home cable system municipal service offerings in Kutztown, Pennsylvania. Advantage of name recognition in the broadband business; Absence of investors agitating for a payoff on the plant investment; Extension of digital subscriber line service in the area.
- Let competition bring broadband to boonies. Johnson, Johna Till // Network World;4/17/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p30
This article discusses the Community Broadband Act of 2005, an Internet legislative bill introduced by U.S. Senators John McCain nd Frank Lautenberg. The bill prohibits state laws that ban municipal computer networks. Congress is debating telecommunication bills with provisions that support...
- Do it yourself? Watch your step. Hardy, Stephen M. // Lightwave;Feb2005, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p8
Comments on the class action litigation over the use of railroad and utility rights. Building of communication network; Technological aspects of infrastructure deployment; Requirements for broadband services.
- Oklahoma Lawsuit Could Break $156 Million Bond Package. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;09/18/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30977, p43
Focuses on the lawsuit filed by Representative Russ Roach against a revenue bond issue for state capital improvement plan in Oklahoma. Concern over industrial projects to be funded by bond proceeds; Contention on the illegality of the bond issue; Target date for the availability of funds.