Powell: Give 'Em a Box Break
- FCC gives go ahead for Viewability Order sunset. Kurz, Phil // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;6/21/2012, p12
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to permit an existing order set up to guarantee that cable television (TV) subscribers could continue to view must-carry broadcast stations following completion of the digital TV (DTV) transition to sunset....
- Court de-cap-itates FCC. Weber, Toby // Telephony;03/12/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 11, p14
Reports that a federal appeals court ruled the cap of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) prohibiting cable operators from serving a percentage of their subscribers as of March 2001. Purpose of the FCC in establishing the cap; Basis for the establishment of the...
- FCC Report: Cable Might Lose Subs In 2002. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;1/6/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p6
Reports that according to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission, the year 2002 could be the first year in which the cable industry as a whole suffered a net loss of subscribers. Number of customers added by cable operators over a 12-month period ending June 30, 2002; Details of the decline...
- Wiring Rules a Competitive Threat. Beauchamp, Geoffrey; Wallack, Jeffrey // Multichannel News;3/29/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p57
Comments on the rules of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in October 1997, that allowed competing cable providers to take an incumbent operator's multiple dwelling unit (MDU) cable facilities for their own use. Impact of the rules on effort of multichannel service operators to...
- Set-Tops and July 2006: A Primer. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;5/5/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p36
Focuses on the United States Federal Communication Commissions' (FCC) decision to relax deadline for the set-top policy until the year 2005. Types of digital set-tops provided by the cable television operators; Views expressed by an industry expert on the decision by the FCC to extend the...
- Wired World on the Wane? Larson, Megan; Brown, Sandy; Shields, Todd // MediaWeek;1/6/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the failure of the cable television industry to grow its subscribers, according to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's annual report on competition in the video-delivery marketplace. Customer share in June 2002; Percentage of increase in cable rates; Number of subscribers...
- Tucson-area television service providers. // Inside Tucson Business;8/27/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 23, p12
Reports the ranking of television service providers based on the number of subscribers in Tucson, Arizona. Number of channels handled; Price of basic services on a monthly basis; Parent companies of the service providers.
- NETWORK SUBSCRIBER COUNTS. // Multichannel News;12/2/2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p28A
Lists cable networks and their number of subscribers under categories of basic services, pay services and regional basic services as of December 2002. Cable system affiliates and subscribers of A&E Network; Alternate distribution subscribers and total subscribers of ABC Family.
- People's choice: Top cable shows. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/1/95, Vol. 125 Issue 18, p29
Lists the top basic cable programs in the United States for the week of April 17-23, 1995. Percentages of total households each network reaches; Ranking of top five pay cable programs ranked by households.