DirecTV Is Carey's to Run
- Fox Stations chief set to head DirecTV. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;11/24/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 37, p6
Reports on the appointment of Mitch Stern as president and chief operating officer for DirecTV Inc. in the U.S. Job responsibilities; Schedule for the appointment to take effect; Credentials of Stern.
- Hill to sport a larger role in Rupe coop. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;3/18/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 58, p1
The article reports that David Hill is giving up day-to-day oversight of Rupert Murdoch's Fox Sports to become president of the DirecTV Entertainment Group, one of three newly formed Murdoch divisions. Two others are DirecTV Sales and Service, which John Suranyi will run as president, and...
- SPREADING THE news. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/22/2004, Vol. 384 Issue 22, pS-4
With News Corp. recently taking a controlling stake in DirecTV Inc., the media giant appears poised to use its extensive content and distribution infrastructure to transform the satcaster into a multifaceted programming powerhouse equal to its European counterpart, British Sky Broadcasting....
- DirecTV Subs Up, Sales Rise In Q4. Smith, Steve // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/23/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p53
The article reports on the $5.31 billion revenue of DirecTV in El Segundo, California in the fourth quarter of 2008. The company's net income is $332 million, a 5% drop compared with the same quarter in 2007. Its operating profit dropped to 6% to $579 million compared with the fourth quarter in...
- Battle in the skies. Coleman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;03/16/98, Vol. 128 Issue 11, p64
Focuses on changes made in programming EchoStar Communications and DirecTV company. Indepth look at changes made at EchoStar; National Football League and National Basketball Association programming offered by DirectTV; Cost of cable programs at EchoStar.
- Orbit shifts at DirecTV. Dempsey, John; Fritz, Ben // Daily Variety;3/8/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 50, p1
Reports on the designation of Chase Carey to take more direct control on DirecTV Inc. with the departure of Mitch Stern from the company in the U.S. Move of Appointing Carey to take on the responsibilities of Stern; Career history of Carey; Impact of Stern's departure on the company.
- DirecTV Profit Jumps In Second Quarter. // Satellite Today;8/9/2006, Vol. 5 Issue 144, p1
The article focuses on the financial output of DirecTV for the second quarter of 2006. The company's profits doubled in the 2006 second quarter as revenues improved 10 percent. According to Chase Carey, president and CEO of DirecTV Group Inc., the results in the quarter reflect their strategy to...
- GAME ON FOR DIRECTV. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;3/5/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 46, p10
The article reports on DirecTV President and CEO Chase Carey's signing of an exclusive deal for out-of-market games with Major League Baseball. Carey responded to criticisms that DirecTV is cheating cable and EchoStar/Dish customers who now subscribe to the out-of-market package, called Extra...
- DirecTV Eyes Powerline Test. MOSS, LINDA // Multichannel News;5/21/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p5
The article reports that U.S.-based DirecTV Inc. continues to seek a high-speed Internet play and plans to test broadband over powerlines in 2007. Chief executive officer Chase Carey said that DirecTV is looking to test the technology in a major U.S. city. The company is taking a Greenfield...