- Plan Surfaces to Take Insight Private. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;3/14/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p10
Reports on the proposal of Stanley Knafel and Michael Willner, co-founders of Insight Communications, to privatize the company. Terms of the proposal; Potential benefits of the proposal to the company; Indications of the move of Knafel and Willner.
- Michael S. Wilner. // Multichannel News;4/7/2003 Supplement, Vol. 24, p4
Profiles vice chairman and chief executive officer of Insight Communications, Michael S. Willner. Customer base of the cable operator as of April 7, 2003; Awards given to the company by Cablevision magazine and Communications Technology magazine; Public-affairs initiatives taken by Willner;...
- Upbeat show, downbeat topics. Barthold, Jim // Telephony;05/14/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 20, p22
Reports on the cable telecommunication industry in the United States. Comments from Michael Willner, president and chief executive officer of Insight Communications, on the industry; Readiness of cable networks for competition; Advantage of television and computer to cable.
- NCTA Board Re-Elects Leaders. // Multichannel News;5/10/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p12
Presents a list of the board of directors elected at the National Cable & Telecommunications Association in May 2004. Glenn Britt of Time Warner Cable; Brian Roberts of Comcast Corp.; Michael S. Willner of Insight Communications.
- Going Private, Getting Ready. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 11, p6
Deals with the decision made by Insight Communications Inc. to go private in March 2005. Partnership of Insight with Carlyle Group; Decline in the stock price of Insight in 2004; Ownership by Comcast Corp. of the systems of Insight.
- Cable's Stake in DTV Transition. // Cable World (10427228);9/30/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 36, p17
Outlines the testimony given by Michael Willner, chief executive officer of Insight Communications, before the Subcommittee on Telecommunications and the Internet of the U.S. House of Representatives regarding the transition of cable television to digital television on September 25, 2002. ...
- Willner, Knafel to Lead Penthera. Robichaux, Mark // Multichannel News;9/17/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 36, p8
The article informs that Michael S. Willner and Sidney R. Knafel, co-founders of Insight Communications Co. Inc., will invest in new media-technology venture Penthera Partners.
- Insight Plays on Off ense, Defense. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;6/21/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p28
The article reports on the benefits of the supervisory development program set by chief executive officer (CEO) Michael Willner, chief operating officer Dinni Jain, and other top managers at Insight Communications Co. Inc. in 2005 that fits with customer-centric strategy, wherein customers are...
- Willner's Leadership Earns Respect From Peers. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;11/11/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p4A
Reports on the leadership qualities of Michael Willner, chief executive officer of cable network company Insight Communications Co. and chairman of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association. Services of Willner in cable industry; Awards received by Willner for his works; Description...