Incorporating Behavioral Finance into Your Practice
- Give Yourself a Break. Garver, Rob // Bank Investment Consultant;Aug2008, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p35
The article offers tips for investment advisors on how to plan vacations. It cites that workers should allocate time to recharge themselves to increase productivity and efficiency. It then emphasizes that a strong system is effective to give advisors a break by training staff and clients on the...
- Wise Investors Establish Risk, Reward Performance Expectations. Nolan, David // State Journal (WV);3/9/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p29
The author discusses the need for investors to develop risk and reward performance expectations with managers before creating investment programs to avoid future problems.
- What Women Want (from Advisers). Ackerman, Ruthie // American Banker;8/4/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 119, p7
The article examines research on women investors' attitudes towards their investment advisers and wealth management services conducted by Boston Consulting Group which found considerable dissatisfaction with the service provided by wealth managers.
- Concentration nightmare. Ashton, Marc // Finweek;3/10/2011, p6
The article focuses on the risks for investors investing in construction industry stocks and the factors they should consider while investing in a South African unit trust portfolio. Analyst Franco Busetti has written in his book "The Effective Investor," that 20 stocks in a portfolio removes...
- Good gamma: managing investor expectations. SEDORIC, TOM // New Hampshire Business Review;11/28/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 24, p18
The article offers tips on the management of expectations among investors through consideration of factors such as through saving, awareness of tax efficiency and asset allocation, and value investment counseling.
- Advisors: Embrace the Winners ... and Losers. Israelsen, Craig L. // Financial-planning.com;10/1/2015, p1
Help clients understand that temporary losers in a volatile market are just that: temporary.
- Ongoing Planning Relationships. Napolitano, John // Practical Accountant;Jul2006 Supplement, Vol. 39, p20
The article focuses on the significance of financial planning to the finances of clients who opted for guidance from a financial planner or a certified public accountant (CPA) in the U.S. By providing definitions and practical guidance, clients will have a proper management of their finances. A...
- Local Heroes. Hawser, Anita // Global Finance;Apr2009, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p44
The article focuses on the financial support of banks in Asia. The banks play a vital role in assuring the U.S. clients of a reliable banking system. The economic crisis has been considered as an opportunity for banks to strengthen their relationship with clients. This is done by proving the...
- Building client relationships--from the ground up. // Money Management;11/27/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p36
Reports on the client relationship established by financial planners in Australia. List of high profile jobs compared to financial planning; Problem experienced with a planner.