Insuring a Good Defense
- Variable Annuities Are For Retirement-Really. Blazzard, Norse N.; Hasenauer, Judith A. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/4/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 37, p17
Reports on the use of variable annuities in retirement in the U.S. Bad press on deferred variable annuities; Tax deferral elements.
- Why This Attorney Likes VAs. Vessenes, Katherine // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/14/2007, Vol. 111 Issue 19, p42
The article focuses on the reasons why variable annuities (VAs) are attractive in the retirement planning sector. First is that investors would know their worst-case scenario the day they sign the paperwork. VAs are said to perform on a predictable manner. Second is that it takes the fear out of...
- Aetna streamlines variable inv. accounts. Murray, M. Christian // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;12/15/97, Vol. 101 Issue 50, p46
Reports that Aetna Retirement Services changed the number and type of investment accounts it offers within its variable product line. Purpose behind the major overhaul of Aetna's investment vehicles; Funds that were dropped from Aetna's variable annuity, `Marathon Plus'; Funds replaced in...
- Are Variable Immediate Annuities Obsolete? O'Sullivan, John // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/4/2006, Vol. 110 Issue 33, p20
The article reports on the question whether variable annuities are outdated. Variable annuities are frequently mentioned as a logical solution to the income needs of customers. It is also called life withdrawal benefit (LWB), which has a number of attractive features that will help surpassed the...
- Variable annuities offer freedom, flexibility. Fox, Steven // DVM: The Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine;Feb2006, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p42
The article focuses on the offerings from variable annuities. It permits unlimited contributions as long as the invested funds are non-qualified. It also offers possible protection against the effects of inflations. In addition, owners of variable annuity enjoys the advantage of lower tax bill....
- Variable annuities: Once hot, now they're not. Leckey, Andrew // Journal of Business (10756124);7/11/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 15, pB6
Presents an investment outlook on variable annuities. Amount of variable annuities invested in 2001; List of best performing contracts adjusted for risk since 1996; Disadvantages of variable annuities.
- The Variable Life Inspection. Kosnett, Jeffrey R. // Advisor Today;May2000, Vol. 95 Issue 5, p84
Provides a conclusion about how the different interconnected elements of variable life policies stack up. Status of the separate account results; Information on policy security; Discussion on fees and costs.
- Annuities Appeal to All Income Levels. Gilotti, Michael J. // Advisor Today;Nov2000, Vol. 95 Issue 11, p104
Deals with variable annuities in the insurance product market. Growth in the sales of variable annuity; Factors driving the growth; Issues raised concerning variable annuities.
- Decline of Variable Sales Continues. // Advisor Today;Feb2002, Vol. 97 Issue 2, p29
Reports on the decline in the demand for variable life products. Reasons for the decline; Drop in annualized premiums for variable universal life in the third quarter of 2001; Suggestion to companies active in the market.