Confessions of a Candidate
- CFP Board Celebrates 30th Anniversary. Rojeck, Rich // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2015, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p10
The article focuses on the development of Certified Financial Planner (CFP) certification program by CFP Board in pursuit of competent personal financial planning. As a designation for personal financial advice providers, the certification allows financial planning to achieve broad industry and...
- CE Examination. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p73
This article presents a continuing education examination for certified financial planners in the U.S. as of June 2003.
- CFP Board Shift: Shorter, Computer-Based Exams This Fall. Coen, Andrew // Financial Planning;Feb2014, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p18
The article reports on the plan of the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board to shorten its CFP protection exam and transition to a computer-based testing platform, a change that is effective starting November 2014.
- 66% Pass Rate for CFP's First Computer-Based Exam. Din, Suleman // Financial-planning.com;12/16/2014, p9
The article offers information on the first computer-based exam of the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board which attracted over 2,100 applicants. Topics discussed include the benefits provided by the computer-based exam, the biggest improvement as a result of the format change, and the...
- ICFP Organizes Series 65 Waiver Campaign. // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec1998, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p73
This article reports on the efforts of the Institute of Certified Financial Planners Government Relations Department to distribute information kits to societies in preparation for a new competency exam that will be adopted in 1999 by many state securities regulators in the U.S. The new Series 65...
- Continuing Education Examination. // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr96, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p101
This article presents an examination paper about financial planning that an aspiring financial planner can attempt. To receive the 3 hours of continuing education credit allotted for this examination, one must receive a passing grade of 75 percent or better (23 our of 33 questions). Partial...
- 49% Of CFP Examinees Flunked Test. Bell, Allison // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/29/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 5, p32
Reports the results of the November 2000 Certified Financial Planner (CFP) examination in the United States. Drop of the pass rate from the average pass rate recorded by the CFP Board since 1991; Potential reason for the drop; Information on the test topic guidelines of the CFP Board.
- CFP exam misconduct. Rich, Sarah // Money Management;6/8/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p3
The article reports on the investigation by the Financial Planning Association (FPA) of alleged breach of rules at a certification examination conducted by the CFP in Australia on May 18, 2006. The FPA considers the situation to be extremely serious and has expressed concern that the...
- VOICE. Gjertsen II, Edward W. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2015, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p11
The article commends the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board of Standards for celebrating its 30th anniversary while developing a certification program which has been on a pursuit as standard of excellence for competent and ethical personal financial planning.