Mutual Funds R Us
- 'Mutual Fund Store' Franchises Across U.S. Pizzani, Lori // Money Management Executive;11/22/2004, Vol. 12 Issue 46, p1
The article presents the success-story of the mutual-fund-only, predominantly franchise-operated, and fee-based financial planning outlets called Mutual Fund Store. Adam Bold, a former registered representative with a brokerage firm, founded the venture in the basement of his home in Overland...
- Vanguard, Fidelity Make Hall of Shame. Frankie, Chris // Money Management Executive;10/18/2004, Vol. 12 Issue 41, p1
This article reports that the mutual funds of the mutual fund companies Fidelity Inc. and Vanguard Group Inc. have been listed as the worst in the U.S. The Fidelity Destiny 1 fund and the Vanguard U.S. Growth fund are two of 15 funds that Adam Bold, founder and CIO of Mutual Fund Store, a...
- Financial Engines to Acquire Brick-and-Mortar Advisory. Manganaro, John // Plan Advisor News;2015, p1
Not convinced that robo-advisers are shaking up the defined contribution retirement plan advisory space? This week's news that digital-advice darling Financial Engines will acquire a firmly established traditional advisory chain, The Mutual Fund Store, might finally change your mind.
- Mutual Fund Store to Expand, H&R Block-Style. Pizzani, Lori // Money Management Executive;4/16/2007, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p9
The article reports on the plan of Mutual Fund Store to expand its services in the U.S. The company has 54 storefront locations and provides advisory services to more than $3 billion in client assets. Adam Bold, founder of the firm, will assume the role of executive chairman and continue to...
- Financial Engines' $560M Deal Puts Humans in the Machine. Din, Suleman // Financial-planning.com;11/6/2015, p4
The article offers the insights of Larry Raffone, chief executive officer (CEO) of investment advice company Financial Engines, regarding the acquisition of the Mutual Fund Store from private equity company Warburg Pincus by the company which needs traditional advisors to stay competitive.
- Business News. // South County Journal;12/7/2011, Vol. 56 Issue 49, pA8
This section offers business news briefs in Missouri, including the hiring of South City resident Michael Sorth as executive director of Gateway Greening, the appointment of South City resident Parris Finger as mortgage loan underwriter of Gorman and Gorman and the new location opened by Mutual...
- The Tables Turn. Worrell, David // Entrepreneur;Jan2007, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p65
The article presents five fundamental elements that attract investors to make great investments in a certain company in the U.S. The elements mentioned include quality products, large and growing market, well-defined financial records and projections, excellent industrial management, and...
- Financial Engines to Acquire Brick-and-Mortar Advisory. Manganaro, John // Plan Sponsor News;2015, p1
The article discusses the acquisition of advisory chain Mutual Fund Store by investment advice company Financial Engines, and presents the views of Financial Engines' president Lawrence "Larry" Raffoneto on this deal.
- Planning for Long-Term Care. COTE, GAYEL // Business NH Magazine;Dec2015, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p31
The article discusses the survey conducted by A Place for Mom and the Mutual Fund Store which shows the percentage of Americans who did not discuss long-term care for their parents. It outlines some tips on how to discuss long-term care for parents by speaking to a senior living advisor, talk to...