Effect of Nitroglycerin Ointment on Hemodynamics in Patients With Mitral Insufficiency
- Secondary mitral regurgitation: pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment. Ciarka, Agnieszka; Veire, Nico Van de // Heart;Jun2011, Vol. 97 Issue 12, p1012
The article provides information on the anatomy, haemodynamics, mechanisms, echocardiographic assessment, and outcome of secondary mitral regurgitation (MR). The mitral valve apparatus is comprised of the mitral leaflets, the mitral annulus, the papillary muscles, the chordae tendinae, the left...
- Echocardiographic images in mitral valve repair by “edge to edge” technique. Da Col, U.; Bardelli, G.; Di Bella, I.; Minniti, G.; Ragni, T. // European Journal of Echocardiography;Jun2006, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p247
Abstract: The â€œedge to edgeâ€ or â€œdouble orificeâ€ technique is a new surgical option of mitral repair when functional valve insufficiency is present, due to ischemic or dilated cardiomyopathy. This technique is not frequently used and radically changes mitral anatomy and...
- Percutaneous reduction of mitral valve regurgitation using the MitraClip system -- immediate and 90-day follow-up of 3 cases. Kübler, Piotr; Kustrzycka-Kratochwil, Dorota; Telichowski, Artur; Witkowski, Tomasz; Banasiak, Waldemar; Jankowska, Ewa A.; Ponikowski, Piotr; Reczuch, Krzysztof // Advances in Interventional Cardiology;2013, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p126
Treatment of hemodynamically significant valvular heart diseases has been the domain of cardiac surgery for decades. However, a promising novel method is the MitraClip system, involving percutaneous connection of insufficient valve leaflets with special cobalt-chrome clips. Our study presents...
- The Use of Exercise Echocardiography in the Evaluation of Mitral Regurgitation. Yared, Kibar; Lam, Kaitlyn My-Tu; Hung, Judy // Current Cardiology Reviews;2009, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p312
Mitral regurgitation (MR) is the second most common valvular disease in western countries after aortic stenosis. Optimal management of patients with MR depends on the etiology of the regurgitation and is based predominantly on left ventricular function and functional status. Recent outcome...
- Correction. // New England Journal of Medicine;7/14/2011, Vol. 365 Issue 2, p189
A correction to the article "Percutaneous Repair or Surgery for Mitral Regurgitation" that was published in the April 14, 2011 issue is presented.
- Quantitation of mitral regurgitation: rationale, approach and interpretation in clinical practice. Enriquez-Sarano, M.; Tribouilloy, C. // Heart;Nov2002 Supplement 4, Vol. 88, pIv1
Editorial. Discusses the rationale, approach and interpretation in clinical practice of the quantitation of mitral regurgitation (MR), a valvar haemodynamic alteration. Importance of defining the degree of MR in the clinical decision making process; Benefits of development of mitral valve...
- Assessment of mitral regurgitation. Irvine, T.; Li, X.K.; Sahn, D.J.; Kenny, A. // Heart;Nov2002 Supplement 4, Vol. 88, pIv11
Assesses the mitral regurgitation (MR), a valve lesion. Range of pathologies producing regurgitant mitral valve dysfunction; Diagnosis of MR; Normal mitral valve structure and function; Functional MR; Quantification of MR.
- SURGICAL TIMING OF DEGENERATIVE MITRAL REGURGITATION: WHAT TO CONSIDER. // Journal of Cardiovascular Ultrasound;Mar2013, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p44
A correction to the article "Surgical Timing of Degenerative Mitral Regurgitation: What to Consider," that appeared in the 2012 issue of the "Journal of Cardiovascular Ultrasound."
- DIFFERENTIAL DIAGNOSIS OF MITRAL REGURGITATION IN CHILDHOOD: CLINICAL PATHOLOGICAL CONFERENCE AT THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF HEALTH. Braunwald, Eugene; Ross, Richard S.; Morrow, Andrew G.; Roberts, William C. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jun61, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p1223
Focuses on the differential diagnosis of mitral regurgitation in childhood, based on discussion during a Clinical Pathological Conference at the U.S. National Institutes of Health. Case study of a patient; Presenting signs and symptoms; Past medical history; Diagnostic procedures; Treatment.