Gray Hair in Black Males A Possible Risk Factor in Coronary Artery Disease
- Prophylactic coronary artery revascularisation before elective vascular surgery did not improve long term survival: Commentary. Devereaux, P. J.; Cina, Claudio S.; Rodriguez, G. Maloga // Evidence Based Medicine;Aug2005, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p114
Focuses on the use of preoperative coronary revascularisation before non-cardiac surgery for preventing death in patients with significant CAD. Benefits of preoperative coronary artery revascularisation; Risk of death associated with the trial; Need for large RCTs to identify effective...
- New methods of making blocked coronary arteries patent again. Corr, Laura // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);9/3/94, Vol. 309 Issue 6954, p579
Discusses different procedures for clearing blocked coronary arteries. Simpson Coronary AtheroCath; Transluminal extraction catheter; Devices that ablate the plaque in situ. INSETS: Technical problems with balloon angioplasty;Modes of action of laser energy.
- intracoronary. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1223
A definition of the term "intracoronary" which means within the coronary arteries is presented.
- pneumatocardia. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1810
A definition of the medical term "pneumatocardia," which refers to air or gas in the heart chambers, is presented.
- 381 In vivo validation of velocity profiles in coronary arteries- the shape factor is a variable. Matthews, F.; Aschkenasy, S.; Roffi, M.; Kaufmann, P.; Namdar, M.; Oechslin, E.; Jenni, R. // European Journal of Echocardiography;2003, Vol. 4 Issue suppl_1, pS45
An abstract of the article "In vivo validation of velocity profiles in coronary arteries-the shape factor is a variable" by F. Matthews, M. Namdar and S. Aschkenasy is presented.
- Coronary artery anomaly: what does not fit the patient or the interpretation? Andreou, A. Y. // European Review for Medical & Pharmacological Sciences;Jun2014 Supplement, Vol. 18, p1682
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Left Descending Coronary Artery Arising From Anomalous Distal Circumflex Coronary Artery: A Previously Unreported Coronary Artery Anomaly," by Z. Stajic, R. Romanovic and B. Lazovic in the 2013 issue.
- Tripleright coronary artery accompanied by an ectopic circumflex artery arising from right sinus of Valsalva. Yalta, Kenan; Yontar, Osman Can; Yılmaz, Mehmet Birhan; Erdem, Alim; Onur Turgut, Okan; Ahmet Yilmaz; Manduz, Şinasi; Tandoğan, Izzet // Anatolian Journal of Cardiology / Anadolu Kardiyoloji Dergisi;Feb2010, Vol. 10 Issue 1, pE1
The article presents a case of a 41-year-old man who was hospitalized due to tripleright coronary artery accompanied by an ectopic circumflex artery arising from a right sinus of valsalva.
- Editorial: Recent Developments in Micron-Scale Optical Imaging of Intact, Living Heart and Vasculature. Bub, Gil; Rubart, Michael; Coronel, Ruben // Frontiers in Physiology;10/26/2016, Vol. 7, p1
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editors discuss recent developments in micron-scale optical imaging of intact, living heart and vasculature.
- HORMONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY TO PREVENT CORONARY EVENTS. Richard, Dan; Newton, Warren P. // Journal of Family Practice;Nov1998, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p333
This article discusses research done on the feasibility of using hormone replacement therapy (HRT) to prevent coronary events in post-menopausal women with coronary artery . Coronary artery disease is described as having a myocardial infarction, coronary artery bypass graft, or percutaneous...