Gray Hair in Black Males A Possible Risk Factor in Coronary Artery Disease
- Prophylactic coronary artery revascularisation before elective vascular surgery did not improve long term survival: Commentary. Devereaux, P. J.; Cina, Claudio S.; Rodriguez, G. Maloga // Evidence Based Medicine;Aug2005, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p114
Focuses on the use of preoperative coronary revascularisation before non-cardiac surgery for preventing death in patients with significant CAD. Benefits of preoperative coronary artery revascularisation; Risk of death associated with the trial; Need for large RCTs to identify effective...
- New methods of making blocked coronary arteries patent again. Corr, Laura // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);9/3/94, Vol. 309 Issue 6954, p579
Discusses different procedures for clearing blocked coronary arteries. Simpson Coronary AtheroCath; Transluminal extraction catheter; Devices that ablate the plaque in situ. INSETS: Technical problems with balloon angioplasty;Modes of action of laser energy.
- intracoronary. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1223
A definition of the term "intracoronary" which means within the coronary arteries is presented.
- pneumatocardia. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1810
A definition of the medical term "pneumatocardia," which refers to air or gas in the heart chambers, is presented.
- 381 In vivo validation of velocity profiles in coronary arteries- the shape factor is a variable. Matthews, F.; Aschkenasy, S.; Roffi, M.; Kaufmann, P.; Namdar, M.; Oechslin, E.; Jenni, R. // European Journal of Echocardiography;2003, Vol. 4 Issue suppl_1, pS45
An abstract of the article "In vivo validation of velocity profiles in coronary arteries-the shape factor is a variable" by F. Matthews, M. Namdar and S. Aschkenasy is presented.
- Coronary artery anomaly: what does not fit the patient or the interpretation? Andreou, A. Y. // European Review for Medical & Pharmacological Sciences;Jun2014 Supplement, Vol. 18, p1682
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Left Descending Coronary Artery Arising From Anomalous Distal Circumflex Coronary Artery: A Previously Unreported Coronary Artery Anomaly," by Z. Stajic, R. Romanovic and B. Lazovic in the 2013 issue.
- Tripleright coronary artery accompanied by an ectopic circumflex artery arising from right sinus of Valsalva. Yalta, Kenan; Yontar, Osman Can; Yılmaz, Mehmet Birhan; Erdem, Alim; Onur Turgut, Okan; Ahmet Yilmaz; Manduz, Şinasi; Tandoğan, Izzet // Anatolian Journal of Cardiology / Anadolu Kardiyoloji Dergisi;Feb2010, Vol. 10 Issue 1, pE1
The article presents a case of a 41-year-old man who was hospitalized due to tripleright coronary artery accompanied by an ectopic circumflex artery arising from a right sinus of valsalva.
- Editorial: Recent Developments in Micron-Scale Optical Imaging of Intact, Living Heart and Vasculature. Bub, Gil; Rubart, Michael; Coronel, Ruben // Frontiers in Physiology;10/26/2016, Vol. 7, p1
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editors discuss recent developments in micron-scale optical imaging of intact, living heart and vasculature.
- A Comparison of Strategies for Summing Gated Myocardial Perfusion SPECT: Are False Negatives a Potential Problem? Wheat, Janelle M.; Currie, Geoffrey M. // Internet Journal of Cardiology;2007, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p4
Introduction: The impact of technical difficulties on the diagnostic integrity of myocardial perfusion SPECT have been well documented, however, their impact on gated myocardial perfusion SPECT has more significant implications. In theory, the generation of the standard ungated data set is just...