COMBINATION OF BENDROFLUMETHIAZIDE AND TRIAMTERENE IN THE TREATMENT OF HYPOSTATIC EDEMA
- Frusene. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p258
The article presents information on frusene. The drug is a proprietary, prescription-only compound preparation of the (potassium-sparing) triamterene and the (loop) diuretic furosemide (frusemide). It can be used to treat oedema, and is available as tablets.
- Dytide. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p220
The article presents information on the drug Dytide, a proprietary, prescription-only compound preparation of the benzthiazide and the (potassium-sparing) diuretic triamterene. It can be used to treat oedema, and is available as capsules.
- Triamterene. // AHFS Consumer Medication Information;Feb2017, p1
Triamterene is used alone or with other medications to treat edema (fluid retention; excess fluid held in body tissues) caused by various conditions, including liver and heart disease. Triamterene is in a class of medications called diuretics ('water pills'). It causes the kidneys to eliminate...
- Dytac. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p220
The article presents information on the drug Dytac, a proprietary, prescription-only preparation of the (potassium-sparing) triamterene. It can be used to treat oedema, and is available as capsules.
- Retrohepatic Cavoatrial Shunt with a Ringed Polytetrafluoroethylene Graft for the Budd-Chiari Syndrome. Tanaka, Koki; Toyohira, Hitoshi; Murata, Ryuji; Shibuya, Hiroshi; Shimokawa, Shinji; Hamada, Nobuo; Taira, Akira // Angiology;Sep1997, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p833
This report describes a patient with Budd-Chiari syndrome who was operated on successfully by means of shunt formation with polytetrafluoroethylene graft between the inferior vena cava (IVC) and right atrium. The patient is a sixty-two-year-old woman suffering from persistent edema of the lower...
- Hyperkalemic Effects of Triamterene. Cohen, Allen B. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Sep66, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p521
Studies the hyperkalemic effects of triamterene as treatment of edematous state. Methodology of the study; Discussion on the results of the study.
- From Symptoms To Leg Edema: Efficacy Of Daflon 500 mg. Nicolaides, Andrew N. // Angiology;Jul/Aug2003 Supplement 1, Vol. 54, pS33
This article reviews the mechanisms by which micronized purified flavonoid fraction (MPFF; Dafion 500 mg) acts on symptoms as well as on edema in patients with chronic venous disease, in the light of new advances in the understanding of the pathophysiology of this chronic condition....
- Mechanism of Triamterene--Induced Megaloblastosis. Corcino, Jose; Waxman, Samuel; Herbert, Victor // Annals of Internal Medicine;Sep70, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p419
Provides information on a study that described a patient with cirrhosis of the liver who developed megaloblastosis despite normal serum and red cell folate levels after receiving conventional doses of triamterene for two weeks. Methodology of the study; Results and discussion on the study.
- Hormone therapy and VTE risk. // Hospital Medicine Alert;Dec2012 Pharmacology Watch, p1
No abstract available.