VENOUS THROMBOSIS WITH EDEMA OF THE EXTREMITY: IS IT A NEW DISEASE?
- Thrombophilic Causes of Retinal Vascular Thrombosis: Etiology and Treatment Outcomes. Bick, Rodger L.; Alfar, Hitaf; Goedecke, Chris // Clinical & Applied Thrombosis/Hemostasis;Oct2002, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p315
Studies the etiology and treatment outcomes of thrombophilic causes of retinal vascular thrombosis. Causes of retinal vascular thrombosis; Materials and methodology of the study; Discussion on the results of the study.
- CURRENT CONCEPTS IN THE MANAGEMENT OF THROMBOPHLEBITIS. Schmukler, Jacob // Angiology;Feb1963, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p93
Discusses the current concepts in the management of thrombophlebitis. Etiology and Pathology; Classification of thrombophlebitis; Clinical features; Treatment.
- Etiology, Management, and Outcome of the Budd-Chiari Syndrome. Murad, Sarwa Darwish; Plessier, Aurelie; Hernandez-Guerra, Manuel; Fabris, Federica; Eapen, Chundamannil E.; Bahr, Matthias J.; Trebicka, Jonel; Morard, Isabelle; Lasser, Luc; Heller, Joerg; Hadengue, Antoine; Langlet, Philippe; Miranda, Helena; Primignani, Massimo; Elias, Elwyn; Leebeek, Frank W.; Rosendaal, Frits R.; Garcia-Pagan, Juan-Carlos; Valla, Dominique C.; Janssen, Harry L. A. // Annals of Internal Medicine;8/4/2009, Vol. 151 Issue 3, p167
Background: The Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) is hepatic venous outflow obstruction. What is known about the syndrome is based on small studies of prevalent cases. Objective: To characterize the causes and treatment of incident BCS. Design: Consecutive case series of patients with incident BCS,...
- Thrombus Size is Associated with Etiology of Deep Venous Thrombosis -- A Cross-Sectional Study. Vučić, Nikša; Magdić, Tihana; Krnić, Anton; Včev, Aleksandar; Božić, Dubravko // Collegium Antropologicum;Dec2005, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p643
The aim of this study was to evaluate the impact of risk factors for deep vein thrombosis (DVT) on thrombus sizes in lower extremities. The size and extent of thrombus was scored according to International Consensus Committee for venous disease classification. After the diagnosis of DVT was...
- Thrombophlebitis. // Diseases & Disorders: A Nursing Therapeutics Manual, 2nd edition;2002, p939
Presents an encyclopedia entry for thrombophlebitis. Causes; Gender and life span considerations; Primary nursing diagnosis; Treatment modalities for thrombophlebitis.
- Prolapsed Uterus. // New Harvard Guide to Women's Health;2004, p502
Discusses the pathology of a prolapsed uterus. Causes; Symptoms; Diagnosis; Treatments.
- Retroverted Uterus. // New Harvard Guide to Women's Health;2004, p514
Presents information on retroverted uterus. Causes; Symptoms; Diagnosis; Treatments.
- Rubella. // New Harvard Guide to Women's Health;2004, p520
Presents information on rubella. Causes; Symptoms; Diagnosis; Treatments.
- Scleroderma. // New Harvard Guide to Women's Health;2004, p526
Provides information on scleroderma. Causes; Symptoms; Diagnosis; Treatments.