VENOUS THROMBOSIS WITH EDEMA OF THE EXTREMITY: IS IT A NEW DISEASE?
- Thrombophilic Causes of Retinal Vascular Thrombosis: Etiology and Treatment Outcomes. Bick, Rodger L.; Alfar, Hitaf; Goedecke, Chris // Clinical & Applied Thrombosis/Hemostasis;Oct2002, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p315
Studies the etiology and treatment outcomes of thrombophilic causes of retinal vascular thrombosis. Causes of retinal vascular thrombosis; Materials and methodology of the study; Discussion on the results of the study.
- CURRENT CONCEPTS IN THE MANAGEMENT OF THROMBOPHLEBITIS. Schmukler, Jacob // Angiology;Feb1963, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p93
Discusses the current concepts in the management of thrombophlebitis. Etiology and Pathology; Classification of thrombophlebitis; Clinical features; Treatment.
- Etiology, Management, and Outcome of the Budd-Chiari Syndrome. Murad, Sarwa Darwish; Plessier, Aurelie; Hernandez-Guerra, Manuel; Fabris, Federica; Eapen, Chundamannil E.; Bahr, Matthias J.; Trebicka, Jonel; Morard, Isabelle; Lasser, Luc; Heller, Joerg; Hadengue, Antoine; Langlet, Philippe; Miranda, Helena; Primignani, Massimo; Elias, Elwyn; Leebeek, Frank W.; Rosendaal, Frits R.; Garcia-Pagan, Juan-Carlos; Valla, Dominique C.; Janssen, Harry L. A. // Annals of Internal Medicine;8/4/2009, Vol. 151 Issue 3, p167
Background: The Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) is hepatic venous outflow obstruction. What is known about the syndrome is based on small studies of prevalent cases. Objective: To characterize the causes and treatment of incident BCS. Design: Consecutive case series of patients with incident BCS,...
- Thrombus Size is Associated with Etiology of Deep Venous Thrombosis -- A Cross-Sectional Study. Vučić, Nikša; Magdić, Tihana; Krnić, Anton; Včev, Aleksandar; Božić, Dubravko // Collegium Antropologicum;Dec2005, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p643
The aim of this study was to evaluate the impact of risk factors for deep vein thrombosis (DVT) on thrombus sizes in lower extremities. The size and extent of thrombus was scored according to International Consensus Committee for venous disease classification. After the diagnosis of DVT was...
- Thrombophlebitis. // Diseases & Disorders: A Nursing Therapeutics Manual, 2nd edition;2002, p939
Presents an encyclopedia entry for thrombophlebitis. Causes; Gender and life span considerations; Primary nursing diagnosis; Treatment modalities for thrombophlebitis.
- Bilateral vitreous haemorrhage associated with dengue fever. Nainiwal, S.; Garg, S. P.; Prakash, G.; Nainiwal, N. // Eye;Sep2005, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p1012
Presents a case study of a 14-year-old girl with diminution of vision in right eye since 4 months. Medical history of the patient; Symptomatology of the disease; Treatment of the disease; Etiology of the disease.
- RCOM RADIOLOGICAL CASE OF THE MONTH. Sullivan, Robert T.; Hartman, Robert; Campbell, Scot E.; Ly, Justin Q.; Beall, Douglas P. // Applied Radiology;Jun2005, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p32
Discusses a case of a woman with iliotibial band (ITB) syndrome. Symptoms of the ITB syndrome; Diagnosis of the syndrome; Cause of the disorder; Treatments for the disorder.
- Prolapsed Uterus. // New Harvard Guide to Women's Health;2004, p502
Discusses the pathology of a prolapsed uterus. Causes; Symptoms; Diagnosis; Treatments.
- Psychosomatic Disorders. // New Harvard Guide to Women's Health;2004, p504
Presents information on psychosomatic disorders. Causes; Symptoms; Diagnosis; Treatments.