SURGICAL TREATMENT OF AORTIC DISSECTING ANEURYSM
- Reply to Ugur et al. Kim, Joon Bum; Chung, Cheol Hyun // European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery;Jul2013, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p192
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Does only the proximal descending aorta influence aortic dilatation after repair of the aortic dissection?" by M. Ugur and colleagues in a 2013 issue.
- Rapid aortic aneurysm formation in Marfan patient with dissection of the entire aorta. Scholte, Arthur J.h.a.; Hilhorst-Hofstee, Yvonne; Versteegh, Michel I. M.; Kroft, Lucia J. // European Heart Journal - Cardiovascular Imaging;May2013, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p507
Clinical images of the computed tomography (CT) performed on a 38-year-old male with Marfan syndrome evaluating the aortic repair and aortic dilation.
- Urgent thoracic aortal dissection and aneurysm: treatment with stent-graft implantation in an angiographic suite. Balzer, Jörn O.; Doss, Mirko; Thalhammer, Axel; Fieguth, Hans-Gerd; Moritz, Anton; Vogl, Thomas J. // European Radiology;Oct2003, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p2249
The aim of this study was to evaluate the feasibility of endoluminal stent-graft placement in an angiographic suite for the treatment of emergent type-B aortic dissections and ruptured thoracic aortal aneurysms. Twenty-six patients with either urgent type-B dissection (n=8) or aneurysms (n=18)...
- Coronary artery aneurysm and type-A aortic dissection demonstrated by retrospectively ECG-gated multislice spiral CT. Fallenberg, Eva Maria; Juergens, Kai Uwe; Wichter, Thomas; Scheld, Hans H.; Fischbach, Roman // European Radiology;Jan2002, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p201
The case of a 40-year-old male patient with a coronary aneurysm of the proximal left descending artery (LAD) combined with circumferential type-A dissection of the ascending aorta is reported. Computed tomography angiography of the coronary arteries was performed using multislice spiral computed...
- Cirurgia aÃ³rtica totalmente laparoscÃ³pica para tratamento de isquemia crÃtica de membros: relato do primeiro caso no Brasil. de Alvarenga Yoshida, Ricardo; Bonetti Yoshida, Winston; de Almeida Rollo, Hamilton; Kolvenbach, Ralf; Gibin Jaldim, Rodrigo; Cordeiro Pimentel, Fernando; Helena Gonzáles Fares, Aline // Jornal Vascular Brasileiro;Mar2010, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p66
Laparoscopic surgery has been increasingly used as a less invasive surgical option for the treatment of aortoiliac occlusive atherosclerotic disease. The objective of this case report was to describe the results of the first total laparoscopic surgery conducted in Brazil for the treatment of...
- Surgery for the acute dissections of the ascending aorta and the arch. Kocica, M.; Cvetkovic, D.; Soskic, Lj; Vucicevic, F.; Grujic, M.; Jovicic, V.; Mikic, A.; Matkovic, M.; Micic, M.; Ristic, M. // Journal of Cardiothoracic Surgery;2013, Vol. 8 Issue Suppl 1, p1
An abstract of the article "Surgery for the acute dissections of the ascending aorta and the arch" by K. Kocica and colleagues is presented.
- Result of type a dissecting aortic aneurysms surgical treatment during the 3 years (2010 - 2012). Kravchenko, V. I.; Kravchenko, I. M.; Sytar, L. L.; Tretyak, O. A.; Larionova, O. B.; Rybakova, O. V.; Tarasenko, Y. M.; Knyshov, G. V. // Journal of Cardiothoracic Surgery;2013, Vol. 8 Issue Suppl 1, p1
An abstract of the article "Result of type a dissecting aortic aneurysms surgical treatment during the 3 years (2010-2012)" by V. I. Kravchenko and colleagues is presented.
- Surgical treatment for chronic type B aortic dissection originating from a Kommerell diverticulum with right-sided aortic arch. Hashimoto, Makoto; Fukui, Toshihiro; Takanashi, Shuichiro // European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery;Oct2014, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p753
Illustrations of the surgical repair of the distal aortic arch in a case of Kommerell's diverticulum with a right-sided aortic arch are presented.
- Aortic Surgery without Infusion of Cardioplegic Solution at Total Circulatory Arrest. Hae Young Lee; Dong Jin Kim // Korean Journal of Thoracic & Cardiovascular Surgery;2013, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p27
Background: Minimal infusion of cardioplegic solution (CPS) during aortic surgery using total circulatory arrest (TCA) may reduce several potential side effects: clamping on a diseased aorta, insult of coronary ostia, and edema. Materials and Methods: From 2006 to 2009, 72 patients underwent...
- Case Report. Anesthetic Management in Complex Arch Surgery: Debranching of Innominate and Left Common Carotid Arteries in Extensive Aortic Dissection without Cardiopulmonary Bypass. Moradi, Gholamreza; Sabzi, Fereydoun; Zokaei, Abdolhamid; Hemati, Naser // Journal of Tehran University Heart Center;2014, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p85
Aortic dissection begins with the formation of a tear in the aortic intima, and it directly exposes an underlying diseased medial layer to the driving force of the intraluminal blood. This blood penetrates the diseased medial layer and cleaves the media longitudinally, thereby dissecting the...