ANICTERIC INFECTIOUS HEPATITIS -- DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT: REPORT ON 226 CASES
- KÄ±rÄ±m Kongo kanamalÄ± ateÅŸi. Kara, Ateş // Turkish Pediatrics Archive / Turk Pediatri Arsivi;2008, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p108
Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever (CCHF) virus causes severe disease in humans with a mortality reaching 30%. It has the most extensive geographic distribution among the medically important tick borne viral diseases. Although it is more frequently recovered from animals without any symptoms,...
- hepatitis E. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p376
An encyclopedia entry for "hepatitis E" is presented. It refers to a type of hepatitis caused by the hepatitis E virus. It states the transmission of the virus through contaminated food or drink. The similarity between hepatitis E and hepatitis A is noted.
- Human Rabies. // Clinical Pediatrics;Mar1969, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p160
This article discuses a case of rabies infection that killed a 13-year-old boy in Elk City, Kansas. The initial symptoms of rabies infection were malaise, anorexia, nausea, and vomiting and further manifestations of the infection includes fever, confusion, hallucinations, numbness, paresthesias,...
- HEPATITIS B: NEWS FROM THE RESEARCH WORLD. Piramanayagam, Paramasivan; Choudhuri, Gourdas; Singh, Shivaram Prasad // Hepatitis B Annual;2008, Vol. 5, p146
Hepatitis B is the leading cause of chronic viral hepatitis across the world, especially in developing countries. Over 400 million people across the world are estimated to be harboring the infection. This section highlights a few important published articles on hepatitis B viral infection and...
- cold, common. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p183
An encyclopedia entry for "common cold" is presented. It refers to a common viral infection causing inflammation of the mucous membranes lining the nose and throat. There are said to be at least 200 highly contagious viruses that are known to cause the common cold. The symptoms and treatment of...
- Psychosomatic Disorders. // New Harvard Guide to Women's Health;2004, p504
Presents information on psychosomatic disorders. Causes; Symptoms; Diagnosis; Treatments.
- Retinal Detachment. // New Harvard Guide to Women's Health;2004, p513
Presents information on retinal detachment. Causes; Symptoms; Diagnosis; Treatments.
- Retroverted Uterus. // New Harvard Guide to Women's Health;2004, p514
Presents information on retroverted uterus. Causes; Symptoms; Diagnosis; Treatments.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis. // New Harvard Guide to Women's Health;2004, p515
Presents information on rheumatoid arthritis. Causes; Symptoms; Diagnosis; Treatments.