INFLUENCE OF GLUCAGON ON THE CARDIOVASCULAR EFFECTS OF PROCAINAMIDE
- Maternal left ventricular diastolic and systolic long-axis function during normal pregnancy Bamfo, Jacqueline E.A.K.; Kametas, Nikos A.; Nicolaides, Kypros H.; Chambers, John B. // European Journal of Echocardiography;Oct2007, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p360
Abstract: Aims: The aim of this study was to evaluate left ventricular (LV) function during normal pregnancy and investigate the effect of maternal factors. Little information about LV diastolic and long-axis systolic function in normal pregnancy exists. Methods and results: Two hundred and...
- Regression of LVH or improved prognosis (or both): what is the question? Lip, G Y H; Lydakis, C; Zarifis, J; Messerli, F H // Journal of Human Hypertension;Jul98, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p423
Discusses causes for the occurrence of left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH). Relationship between increased blood pressure and LVH; Description of determinants for the development of LVH; Increase in cardiovascular morbidity and mortality with LVH.
- PULSUS ALTERNANS. Gould, Lawrence; Lyon, Alan F. // Angiology;Feb1968, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p103
A patient with cardiomegaly due to primary myocardial disease was found to have pulsus alternans despite normal systolic and diastolic pressures in the left ventricle and a normal cardiac index. This phenomenon can therefore occur as an early rather than a late sign of left ventricular...
- Lower Nocturnal Fall in BP in ADPKD Patients. // Kidney;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p237
Investigates the influence of abnormal diurnal blood pressure (BP) variations on the higher left ventricular mass (LVM) found in patients who are in the early stages of autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease (ADPKD). Finding of higher LVM in the ADPKD patients; Less nocturnal fall in BP...
- Is elevation of clinic blood pressure in patients with white coat hypertension who have normal ambulatory blood pressure associated with target organ changes? Owens, P E; Lyons, S P; Rodriguez, S A; O�Brien, E T // Journal of Human Hypertension;Nov98, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p743
Background: The issue as to whether white coat hypertension is a pathologically significant entity, with associated target organ changes, or that the condition carries the same risk for target organ involvement as normotension, is undecided. Previous studies which have shown pathological...
- 522 Screening for left ventricular systolic dysfunction in older people in the community. O'Mahony, M.S.; Steward, J.A.; Ho, S.F.; Buchalter, M.; Burr, M.L. // European Journal of Heart Failure. Supplements;Jun2004, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p135
An abstract of the study "Screening for Left Ventricular Systolic Dysfunction in Older People in the Community," by J. A. Steward is presented.
- 192 The influence of ambulatory blood pressure profile on left ventricular geometry. Balci, B.; Yilmaz, O.; Yesildag, O. // European Journal of Heart Failure. Supplements;Jun2004, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p39
An abstract of the article "The Influence of Ambulatory Blood Pressure Profile on Left Ventricular Geometry," by B. Balci and colleagues is presented.
- Systemic Arterial Response and Ventriculo-Arterial Interaction During Normal Pregnancy. Estensen, Mette-Elise; Grindheim, Guro; Remme, Espen W.; Swillens, Abigail; Smiseth, Otto A.; Segers, Patrick; Henriksen, Tore; Aakhus, Svend // American Journal of Hypertension;Jun2012, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p672
BackgroundDuring normal pregnancy (NP), cardiac output (CO) increases, and blood pressure and systemic vascular resistance are reduced. We wanted to evaluate systemic arterial properties and interaction between the left ventricle (LV) and systemic arteries during NP. The role of systemic...
- Cardiomyoplasty for treatment of heart failure. Bocchi, Edimar Alcides // European Journal of Heart Failure;Aug2001, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p403
The article focuses on cardiomyoplasty for heart failure treatment. It says that studies have postulated that dynamic cardiomyoplasty may work as an active and passive pport of the damaged myocardium. It mentions the effect of the method, including direct synchronized cardiac systolic...