ISOXSUPRINE HYDROCHLORIDE IN COLD INJURY
- Abstracts of recent literature. Edelstein, Joan; Schein, Jerome D. // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;Jan97, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p115
Presents an abstract of the article `Ruckzugsmoglichkeiten nach Stumpfinfekten an der unteren Extremitat (Operative Treatment Procedures in Lower Extremity Stump Infections),' by B. Greitemann and R. Baumgartner, which appeared in a 1996 issue of the German periodical `Medizinische-Orthopadische...
- The baseball bat: a modern day cudgel. Lightbody, C. J.; MacIver, C. // Emergency Medicine Journal;Feb2007, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p112
The article discusses a prospective analysis of patients who presented to the emergency department of Crosshose Hospital in Glasgow, Scotland who sustained injuries caused by baseball bat assault between January and May 2006. A total of 20 cases confirmed that the sole cause of injury was...
- Characteristics and mechanisms of extremity injuries caused by mine blasts in shoals. Geng Fen Han; Zi Ming Wang; Gang Chen; Kui Jun Chen; Si Yu Wu; Sen Zhang; Xi Nan Lai; Ai Min Wang // Turkish Journal of Trauma & Emergency Surgery / Ulusal Travma ve;Sep2015, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p337
BACKGROUND: The characteristics of explosion in water are different from those in air and vary in different water depths. It is important to investigate the characteristics and mechanisms of extremity injuries caused by mine blasts in shoals. METHODS: A total of ninety New Zealand rabbits were...
- mangled. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1401
A definition of the term "mangled" is presented, which refers to torn, shredded, or blasted apart, such as the limbs of severely traumatized patients.
- The Utility of Physical Examination in Proximity Penetrating Extremity Trauma. Gonzalez, Richard P.; Falimirski, Marke E. // American Surgeon;Aug1999, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p784
This study assessed the efficacy of physical examination as a screening modality for the diagnosis of surgically significant arterial injury in proximity penetrating extremity trauma (PPET). All cases of PPET were assessed and admitted per established protocol over a 30-month period from January...
- extensive limb swelling. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p831
An encyclopedia entry for "extensive limb swelling," referring to a tissue reaction in an arm or leg after injecting certain vaccines, is presented.
- Abstracts of Recent Literature. Edelstein, Joan; Schein, Jerome D. // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;Oct98, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p447
Presents an abstract of the study `Treatment Principles in Injuries of the Extremities,' by K. Korzinek from `Medizinisch-Orthotics Engineering' dated 1997.
- Female and male victims of violence in an urban emergency room-prevalence, sociodemographic characteristics, alcohol intake, and injury patterns. Burkert, Nathalie Tatjana; Rásky, Éva; Freidl, Wolfgang; Großschädl, Franziska; Muckenhuber, Johanna; Krassnig, Renate; Gatternig, Regina; Hofer, Herwig-Peter // Wiener Klinische Wochenschrift;Mar2013, Vol. 125 Issue 5/6, p134
Background: Violence as well as alcohol-attributable injuries is a dominant public health issue worldwide. Victims, being injured, frequently visit emergency rooms (ER). Methods: We interviewed all the patients seeking help in an urban emergency room reporting being victims of violent behavior...
- VEGF Improves Skeletal Muscle Regeneration After Acute Trauma and Reconstruction of the Limb in a Rabbit Model. Frey, Soenke; Jansen, Hendrik; Raschke, Michael; Meffert, Rainer; Ochman, Sabine // Clinical Orthopaedics & Related Research;Dec2012, Vol. 470 Issue 12, p3607
Background: Complicated tibial fractures with severe soft tissue trauma are challenging to treat. Frequently associated acute compartment syndrome can result in scarring of muscles with impaired function. Several studies have shown a relationship between angiogenesis and more effective muscle...