Thoracic Duct and Right Lymphatic Duct: Surgical Approaches for Drainage in the Canine with Comparison of Cellular and Chemical Contents
- FACTOR IN COLOSTRUM CAUSING MOBILIZATION OF FREE FATTY ACID IN NEWBORN CALVES. Gooden, J.M.; Lascelles, A.K. // Australian Journal of Experimental Biology & Medical Science;Dec1971, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p635
Reports on the feeding of colostrum or fat-free colostral whey to newborn, previously unsuckled calves which was followed by a four-fold increase in free fatty acid concentration in thoracic duct lymph and blood plasma. Finding that there was no increase in free fatty acid concentration when...
- DISTRIBUTION OF ALBUMIN BETWEEN PLASMA AND THORACIC DUCT LYMPH AFTER HAEMORRHAGE. Furneaux, R. W.; Tracy, G. D. // Australian Journal of Experimental Biology & Medical Science;Aug1969, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p447
Studies the distribution of albumin between plasma and thoracic duct lymph after hemorrhage. Measurement of the rate of lymph flow and the thoracic duct lymph albumin concentration before and after hemorrhage; Suggestion that the release of albumin from protein stores immediately after...
- lymphaticostomy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1377
A definition of the term "lymphaticostomy" is presented, which refers to the creation of a permanent hole into a lymphatic duct.
- Tumour Suppressive Function and Modulation of Programmed Cell Death 4 (PDCD4) in Ovarian Cancer. Na Wei; Liu, Stephanie S.; Chan, Karen K. L.; Ngan, Hextan Y. S. // PLoS ONE;Jan2012, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p1
Background: Programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4), originally identified as the neoplastic transformation inhibitor, was attenuated in various cancer types. Our previous study demonstrated a continuous down-regulation of PDCD4 expression in the sequence of normal-borderline-malignant ovarian tissue...
- Urinary C3dg and C5b-9 indicate active immune disease in human membranous nephropathy. Brenchley, Paul E.; Coupes, Beatrice; Short, Colin D.; O'Donoghue, Donal J.; Ballardie, Francis W.; Mallick, Netar P. // Kidney International;Apr1992, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p933
We have measured complement activation markers. C3dg and C5b-9 in plasma and urine from patients with idiopathic membranous nephropathy and IgA nephropathy. There was no significant difference in levels of plasma C5b-9 between the patient groups. However, high plasma concentrations of C3dg were...
- Activation of complement by hemodiaiysis membranes: Polyacrylonitrile binds more C3a than cuprophan. Cheung, Alfred K.; Parker, Charles J.; Wilcox, Linda A.; Janatova, Jarmila // Kidney International;Apr1990, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p1055
Activation of complement by hemodialysis membranes: Polyacrylonitrile binds more C3a than cuprophan. Conventionally, complement activation by hemodialysis membrances has been determined by measuring fluid phase C3a. Based on such measurements, polyacrylonitrile (PAN) membrances have been...
- Diffuse dilation of the thoracic duct: a case report of a very rare finding. Hwang, Inku; Moses, Frank M // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Sep2003 Supplement, Vol. 98, pS190
An abstract of the article "Diffuse Dilation of the Thoracic Duct: A Case Report of a Very Rare Finding" by Inku Hwang and Frank M. Moses is presented.
- Detecting Activation of Ribosomal Protein S6 Kinase by Complementary DNA and Tissue Microarray.... Barlund, Maarit; Forozan, Farahnaz // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;08/02/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 15, p1252
Identifies the activation of the ribosomal protein S6 kinase (S6K) in the chromosomal region of breast cancer. Use of complementary DNA and tissue microarray analysis; Clinical implications of S6K; Amplification of S6K during oncogenesis; Adverse affect of S6K to the prognosis of patients;...
- Sampling kinases in single cells. Frederickson, Robert // Nature Biotechnology;Mar2000, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p250
Reports on the development of a method to assay the activation of individual protein kinases within single mammalian cells. Use of chemical separation to identify and quantify fluorescent peptide substrates; Change in electrophilic mobility of the substrates upon phosphorylation.