PRODUCTION OF AN "ELECTROLYTE-STEROID CARDIOPATHY" WITH NaC104 AND ITS PREVENTION BY MgC12 AND KC1
- An Alternate Treatment for UVEITIS. S. A. // Arthritis Today;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p46
The article offers information on a study of time-released corticosteroids surgical implants, which can be used as an alternative for the traditional oral corticosteroids immunosuppressive drugs to treat uveitis.
- Arthritis Today Guide to Corticosteroids. Saag, Kenneth // Arthritis Today;Jan2011, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p63
The article provides a guide on corticosteroid drugs for arthritis, including the dosage, possible side effects and special instructions.
- Oral corticosteroids decrease bone density in older women. // Geriatrics;Apr96, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p63
Presents an abstract of the research report `Inhaled and Oral Corticosteroids: Their Effects on Bone Mineral Density in Older Adults,' by J.F. Marystone, E.L. Barrett-Connor, et al, as presented in a 1995 issue of the `American Journal of Public Health.'
- Some guidelines to the use of topical corticosteriods. Savin, J.A. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);6/1/1985, Vol. 290 Issue 6482, p1607
Focuses on the guideline on the use of topical corticosteroids. Choice on the right disease to treat; Consideration of special rules on topical treatment for the face; Prescription of reasonable amounts; Discussion on the application procedure with patients.
- A differenc look at corticosteroids. Zoorob, Roger J.; Cender, Dawn // American Family Physician;8/1/1998, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p443
Gives information on systemic corticosteroids agents, used in the treatment of several medical conditions. Year in which corticosteroids were first used in clinical practice; Information on corticosteroids agents; Most common uses of the agent; Details on the therapeutic effects of steroids;...
- Use care with steroid creams. // Dermatology Times;Feb96, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p51
Presents an abstract of an article dealing the use of high-strength topical corticosteroids, published in `Cosmopolitan,' January 1996. Side effects that may arise.
- Salmeterol was not as effective as triamcinolone for persistent asthma. Smith, Brian J. // ACP Journal Club;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 136 Issue 1, p14
Presents an abstract of the study 'Long-acting Î²[sub2]-agonist Monotherapy vs Continued Therapy With Inhaled Corticosteroids in Patients With Persistent Asthma. A Randomized Controlled Trial,' by S. C. Lazarus, H. A. Boushey, J. V. Fahy, et al., published on the May 23, 2001 issue of the...
- Corticosteroids. // Reactions Weekly;10/2/2010, Issue 1321, p15
The article describes the case of a man who developed central serous chorioretinopathy (CSR) while receiving treatment with corticosteroids.
- The Influence of Water and Metal Salt on the Transport and Structural Properties of 1-Octyl-3-methylimidazolium Chloride. Goujon, Nicolas; Byrne, Nolene; Walsh, Tiffany R.; Forsyth, Maria // Australian Journal of Chemistry;2015, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p420
The addition of diluents to ionic liquids (ILs) has recently been shown to enhance the transport properties of ILs. In the context of electrolyte design, this enhancement allows the realisation of IL-based electrolytes for metal-air batteries and other storage devices. It is likely that diluent...