Verapamil Therapy in the Treatment of Supraventricular Arrhythmias Following Open Heart Surgery
- VENTRICULAR ACTIVITY DURING ATRIAL FIBRILLATION. Gavrilescu, Stefan; Luca, Constantin // Angiology;Nov1976, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p634
His bundle electrograms were recorded in 12 patients with atrial fibrillation. In all cases but one, the dominant rhythm was atrial fibrillation. In 1 case the dominant rhythm was fascicular tachycardia due probably to digitalis overdosage. However ventricular, fascicular and junctional beats...
- Antiarrhythmic Therapy on Prevention of Postoperative Atrial Fibrillation in Patients After Heart Surgery. Auer, J.; Berent, R.; Weber, T.; Ng, C. K.; Lassnig, E.; Lamm, G.; Eber, B. // Current Medicinal Chemistry - Cardiovascular & Hematological Age;Mar2004, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p29
The incidence of supraventricular arrhythmias is high following open-heart surgery, occurring in 25% to about 50% of patients. The most common of these arrhythmias is atrial fibrillation (AF). Postoperative AF has been associated with increased incidence of other complications and increased...
- Verapamil in atrial fibrillation in hyperthyroidism. Dahlstrom, C.G.; Ladefoged, S.D. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);5/30/1987, Vol. 294 Issue 6584, p1384
Investigates the verapamil in atrial fibrillation in hyperthyroid patients in Copenhagen, Denmark. Efficacy of verapamil; Measurement of raised hormone concentrations; Details of antiarrhythmic treatment and its effects.
- Convergent Procedure Outcomes Promising. // Biotech Equipment Update;Feb2012, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p7
The article discusses the promising outcome of Convergent Procedure for patients with enlarged atria in the U.S. It states that interdisciplinary Convergent Procedure was performed with long standing persistent atrial fibrillation using high monitoring standards to document procedural outcomes....
- Abnormal Left Ventricular Filling and Postoperative Atrial Fibrillation After Cardiac Surgery. Rader, Florian; Gajulapalli, Rama Dilip; Pasala, Tilak; Einstadter, Douglas // JAFIB: Journal of Atrial Fibrillation;
Objective: Diastolic dysfunction has been associated with the development of atrial fibrillation (AF) in the community and recently in the postoperative setting. We hypothesized that abnormal left ventricular filling predicts AF after cardiac surgery, a common marker of poor outcomes. Methods:...
- A Clinical Profile of Idiopathic Atrial Fibrillation. Peter, Robert H.; Gracey, Jack G.; Beach, Thomas B. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jun68, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p1288
Presents information on a study which observed patients with idiopathic atrial fibrillation. Methodology; Results; Discussion.
- Recognition of Digitalis Intoxication in the Presence of Atrial Fibrillation. Kastor, John A.; Yurchak, Peter M. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Nov67, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p1045
Provides guidelines for recognition of digitalis intoxication in the presence of atrial fibrillation. Factors that predispose to the development of digitalis toxicity; Arrythmias that are characterized by digitalis toxicity; Treatment.
- DIGITALIS--INDUCED CARDIAC ARRHYTHMIAS. Chia, B. L. // Angiology;Sep1981, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p630
Six cases of digitalis intoxication presenting with cardiac arrhythmias are described. Multiple cardiac arrhythmias consisting of multifocal, or unifocal, multiform ventricular ectopic beats, bidirectional tachycardia, complete heart block, accelerated junctional rhythm with exit block,...
- Risk of Arrhythmia Recurrence After Successful Ablation of Lone Atrial Fibrillation. Khaykin, Y.; Friedlander, D.; Zarnett, L.; Seabrook, C.; Beardsall, M.; Feltham, S.; Tsang, B.; Wulffhart, Z.; Pantano, A.; Verma, A. // JAFIB: Journal of Atrial Fibrillation;
The article presents a study that examines the susceptibility of patients with atrial fibrillation (AF) to arrhythmia recurrence and congestive heart failure after a successful ablation. It outlines the method of the study that investigates 194 patients with lone AF who underwent pulmonary vein...