EVALUATION OF THE BILATERAL INTERNAL MAMMARY ARTERY LIGATION
- Free Internal Mammary Artery Graft as Arteriovenous Fistula: An Experimental Study. Harjula, A.; Lehtola, A.; Sariola, H.; Mattila, S.; Aarnio, P. // Vascular Surgery;May/Jun1988, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p172
To evaluate the behavior of the free internal mammary artery (IMA) graft in coronary bypass surgery an experiment was carried out in canine arteriovenous shunt position. From 6 dogs the IMA was dissected free from the right side as a naked artery and from the left side with the 2-cm-wide...
- Composite graft in cases of insufficient length of internal thoracic artery. Türk, Tamer; Ata, Yusuf; Vural, Hakan; Yavuz, Şenol; Özyazıcıoǧlu, Ahmet // Anatolian Journal of Cardiology / Anadolu Kardiyoloji Dergisi;Jun2007, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p220
A letter to the editor about composite grafting in cases of insufficient length of internal thoracic artery is presented.
- Author's reply. Katırcıoǧlu, S. Fehmi; Tütün, Ufuk; Parlar, Ali Ihsan // Anatolian Journal of Cardiology / Anadolu Kardiyoloji Dergisi;Jun2007, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p221
A response by S. Fehmi KatircioÄŸlu, Ufuk TÃ¼tÃ¼n and Ali Ihsan Parlar to a letter to the editor about their article on composite grafting in cases of insufficient length of internal thoracic artery is presented.
- Pericardial-Strip Technique to Avoid Traction on the Pedicled Left Internal Thoracic Artery Graft. Rathore, Kaushalendra Singh // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2009, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p364
A response by Kaushalendra Singh Rathore to a letter to the editor about their article ""Pulmonary Slit" Procedure for Preventing Tension on the Left Internal Thoracic Artery Graft" which appeared in a 2009 issue is presented.
- Bilateral skeletonized IMA: in situ grafts for myocardial revascularization. Jonjev, Z.; Rosic, M.; Majdevac, S.; Fabri, M. // Journal of Cardiothoracic Surgery;2013, Vol. 8 Issue Suppl 1, p1
An abstract of the article "Bilateral skeletonized IMA: in situ grafts for myocardial revascularization" by S. Jonjev and colleagues is presented.
- Pseudoaneurysm of internal mammary artery caused by pulmonary actinomycosis. Wani, N. A.; Rawa, I. A.; Pala, N. A.; Kosar, T. // British Journal of Radiology;Nov2010, Vol. 83 Issue 995, pe235
Although internal mammary artery pseudoaneurysms are a rare vascular abnormality, they are sometimes seen after sternotomy, diagnostic and therapeutic vascular access or penetrating chest trauma. To our knowledge, internal mammary artery pseudoaneurysm caused by pulmonary actinomycosis has not...
- Elongation of right internal thoracic artery with radial artery for redo total arterial revascularization in patients with open left internal thoracic artery to left anterial descending artery graft. Zhang, Ruoyu; Zardo, Patrick; Haverich, Axel; Ismail, Issam // European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery;Jul2009, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p206
Abstract: Total arterial revascularization in patients with three-vessel disease cannot usually be achieved by bilateral internal thoracic artery grafts alone due to limited length. In this report we describe a technique by which the right internal thoracic artery can be elongated with radial...
- Thirty-Year Experience with Bilateral Internal Thoracic Artery Grafting: Where Have We Been and Where Are We Going? Kurlansky, Paul // World Journal of Surgery;Apr2010, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p646
As a profession, surgery is well into its fourth decade of experience with bilateral internal thoracic artery (BITA) grafting for the treatment of ischemic cardiovascular disease. Numerous compelling retrospective analyses appear to have documented a clear benefit for BITA grafting over the use...
- TRAUMATIC ARTERIOVENOUS FISTULA BETWEEN THE INTERNAL MAMMARY ARTERY AND INNOMINATE VEIN. Tumacder, Oscar C. // Vascular Surgery;Sep/Nov1974, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p224
In summary, a case of early traumatic arteriovenous fistula between the left internal mammary artery and left innominate vein is presented. Successful repair was accomplished by extrapleural ligation of the proximal and distal artery, thus obviating a thoracotomy. Selective arteriograms and...