OSTEOMYELITIS FOLLOWING TRANSLUMBAR AORTOGRAPHY
- lumbosacral. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1366
A definition of the term "lumbosacral" which refers to the lumbar vertebrae and the sacrum is presented.
- Adjacent segment degeneration after single-segment PLIF: the risk factor for degeneration and its impact on clinical outcomes. Chen, Bai-Ling; Wei, Fu-Xin; Ueyama, Kazumasa; Xie, Deng-Hui; Sannohe, Akio; Liu, Shao-Yu // European Spine Journal;Nov2011, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p1946
Purpose: To investigate: (1) the risk factors for radiologic cranial adjacent segment degeneration (ASD) after single-segment PLIF at the same level, and (2) the impact of the ASD on the clinical outcomes. Methods: From October 2004 to May 2009, 109 patients who underwent PLIF for degenerative...
- Adjacent segment degeneration after lumbar spinal posterolateral fusion with instrumentation in elderly patients. Wen-Ying Chou; Chien-Jen Hsu; Wei-Ning Chang; Chi-Yin Wong // Archives of Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery;Jan2002, Vol. 122 Issue 1, p39
This retrospective study investigated adjacent segments radiologically and clinically after posterolateral fusion of the lumbar spine with instrumentation. Thirty-two patients over 60 years old with a postoperative follow-up of at least 4 years were included. These patients all met the criteria...
- Endometrial stromal sarcoma metastasis to the lumbar spine and sphenoid bone. Huang, Mary I.; DeBernardo, Robert L.; Rodgers, Mark; Hart, David J. // Rare Tumors;2011, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p86
Endometrial stromal sarcoma (ESS) is typically associated with metastasis to the abdomen, pelvis, and lung. We found three case reports of ESS metastasis to the bone (two to the thoracic spine, and one to the parietal bone). Our objective is to review the literature on ESS spinal and...
- lumbosacral spine. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p477
A definition of the term "lumbosacral spine," which refers to a region in the lower spine that includes the lumbar vertebrae and the sacrum, is presented.
- Bone mineral density and bone turnover after successful intestinal transplant in adult recipients: a preliminary report. Pironi, L.; Guidetti, M.; Lauro, A.; Lanzoni, E.; Corsini, C.; Cescon, M.; Zanfi, C.; Pinna, A. D. // Nutritional Therapy & Metabolism;2008, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p184
Background: As no data has yet been reported on bone disease in intestinal transplant, a 1- year follow-up study was performed in adult intestinal transplant recipients. Methods: Lumbar spine and femoral neck bone mineral density (dual energy x-ray absorptiometry; values as Z-score, SDs from...
- Morphometeric analysis of the lumbar vertebrae in North Indian Population. Singh, Jaskaran; Pahuja, Kavita; Jugal Kishor Khatri // Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical & Health Sciences;Oct-Dec2013, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p830
The lumbar pedicle, a cylinder of cortical bone is the strongest part of the vertebra. The fixation of lumbar spine is needed for various spinal problems. The present study was aimed at measuring the various parameters of lumbar vertebrae from north Indian population with special emphasis on...
- The use of reference image criteria in X-ray diagnostics: an application for the optimisation of lumbar spine radiographs. Almén, A.; Tingberg, A.; Besjakov, J.; Mattsson, S. // European Radiology;Sep2004, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p1561
To ensure that sufficient image quality is obtained in diagnostic radiology, the image quality of clinical radiographs has to be evaluated. We present two methods herein for evaluating antero-posterior (AP) radiographs of the lumbar spine. One was using image criteria, including six anatomical...
- Coflex Dynamic Interlaminar-Interspinous Distraction Stabilization Device for Lumbar Degenerative Diseases (Initial Experience). Eldin, Mohamed Mohi // Internet Journal of Minimally Invasive Spinal Technology;Supplement III, p11
An abstract of the article "Coflex Dynamic Interlaminar-Interspinous Distraction Stabilization Device for Lumbar Degenerative Diseases (Initial Experience)," by Mohamed Mohi Eldin is presented.