Double Blind Comparative Study of Cinnarizine and Buflomedil in Patients Suffering from Cerebrovascular Insufficiency
- Evaluation of Buflomedil in Geriatric Patients Suffering from Vascular Cerebral Insufficiency. Demichelis Genesio, Miguel Angel; Sanz, Milagros Cid // Angiology;Oct1981, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p717
Buflomedil is a vasoactive substance, with good patient tolerance, similar in its effects to those obtained with the derivatives of rye ergot and lacking undesirable side effects. But its activity in the CVCI of the aged subject, both in its clinical-neurologic component and in the psychiatric...
- Cinnarizine in refractory migraine prophylaxis: efficacy and tolerability. A comparison with sodium valproate. Mansoureh, Togha; Jirde, Masoud Rahmat; Nilavari, Kiafar; Ashrafian, Hosein; Razeghi, Soodeh; Kohan, Leila // Journal of Headache & Pain;Apr2008, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p77
This was a double-blind clinical trial designed to assess the efficacy and safety of the cinnarizine (CIN) in patients with migraine who were refractory to propranolol and tricyclic antidepressants in comparison with sodium valproate (SV) to investigate whether CIN could be at least as effective...
- Life saving early and immediate aspirin: too little too late. Woollard, Malcolm; Elwood, Peter C.; Morgan, Gareth // Postgraduate Medical Journal;Jul2008, Vol. 84 Issue 993, p337
The article focuses on the effectivity of aspirin. It highlights the first randomized controlled study of aspirin in the prevention of vascular conditions which was conducted in South Wales in 1974. It outlines the reasons why the earlier aspirin is given the greater the potential saving life by...
- Effect of Telmisartan on Renal Outcomes. Mann, Johannes F. E.; Schmieder, Roland E.; Dyal, Leanne; McQueen, Matthew J.; Schumacher, Helmut; Pogue, Janice; Xingyu Wang; Probstfield, Jeffrey L.; Avezum, Alvaro; Cardona-Munoz, Ernesto; Dagenais, Gilles R.; Diaz, Rafael; Fodor, George; Maillon, Jean M.; Rydén, Lars; Yu, Cheuk M.; Teo, Koon K.; Yusuf, Salim // Annals of Internal Medicine;7/7/2009, Vol. 151 Issue 1, p1
Background: Angiotensin-receptor blockers (ARBs) blunt progression of advanced diabetic nephropathy, but their long-term renal effects in other patients are not clear. Objective: To examine the long-term renal effects of telmisartan versus placebo in adults at high vascular risk. Design:...
- Aspirin: Different patients, different stroke risks. Pinkowish, Mary Desmond // Patient Care;4/30/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p15
Presents a meta-analysis of the relationship between aspirin use and the risk of stroke and other vascular diseases conducted by University of Texas Professor of Medicine Robert Hart and colleagues from Canada and the United States. Effectiveness aspiring in reducing stroke risk in high-risk...
- Aspirin may benefit more patients at risk for vascular disease. // Geriatrics;Mar94, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p17
Reports on the efficacy of routine antiplatelet therapy with low-dose aspirin for patients at risk for occlusive vascular disease. Benefits of antiplatelet therapy in primary prevention; Reduction of nonfatal myocardial infarct.
- Vasculitis. // Current Medical Literature: Rheumatology;2008, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p31
This article research being done on the treatment of antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody (ANCA)-associated vasculitis. It references a study by X. Bosch et al., published in a 2007 issue of the "Journal of the American Medical Association." The authors performed a systematic literature review...
- Hypoalbuminemia May Be Linked to Calcified Plaque in ESRD. // Kidney;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p70
Presents an abstract of the study 'Calcified plaque is common in the carotid and femoral arteries of dialysis patients without clinical vascular disease,' by T. Savage, A.L. Clarke, M. Giles, et al.
- `I can't turn my car to the left.' Oliver, Michael // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);03/07/98, Vol. 316 Issue 7133, p786
Recounts the case of a 54-year old woman diagnosed as having aneurysm. Complaint of the patient; Background information on the diagnosis.