ORAL NITRATE THERAPY IN CORONARY ARTERY DISEASE
- Koroner arter hastalÄ±ÄŸÄ±nda koroner kollateral dolaÅŸÄ±m yaÅŸam kurtarÄ±cÄ±mÄ±dÄ±r? Kunt, Alper Sami // Journal of Harran University Medical Faculty;2012, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p144
No abstract available.
- ICAM-1 in Acute Myocardial Infarction: A Potential Therapeutic Target. Benson, Victoria; Clare McMahon, Aisling; Claude Lowe, Harry // Current Molecular Medicine;Mar2007, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p219
Current treatments for AMI centre on prompt restoration of epicardial coronary blood flow. Despite improvements, AMI is still associated with significant morbidity and mortality. Novel approaches are therefore keenly sought. Intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1, CD54) is a member of the...
- For first time, an antianginal agent shown to improve clinical outcomes. // Formulary;Jan2002, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p47
Examines the development of nicorandil, an antianginal agent for the treatment of angina. Reduction of incidence of coronary events; Contribution of nicorandil in the improvement of the balance of myocardial oxygen demand and supply and coronary blood flow; Effect of nicorandil on clinical outcome.
- Advent of the coronary circulation: Comings and goings among most of the world's vertebrates. Farrell, T.; Cox, G.; Farrell, N.; Jourdan, H. // Proceedings of the Physiological Society;2013, p195P
The embryonic development of a coronary circulation in birds and mammals occurs in concert with myocardial compaction, likely in response to myocardial hypoxia and the work of a cardiac chamber. Whether similar driving forces featured prominently during the evolution of the coronary circulation...
- Assessment of the arterial input function for estimation of coronary flow reserve by single photon emission computed tomography: comparison of two different approaches. Storto, Giovanni; Soricelli, Andrea; Pellegrino, Teresa; Petretta, Mario; Cuocolo, Alberto // European Journal of Nuclear Medicine & Molecular Imaging;Dec2009, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p2034
Attempts to estimate coronary flow reserve (CFR) with single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) tracers have been recently made. We compared two different methods for the estimation of CFR by SPECT imaging. Fourteen patients with coronary artery disease underwent dipyridamole...
- Efficacy Nifedipine in Rest Angina Refractroy to Proprandolol and Nitrates in Patients with Obstructive Coronary Artery Disease. Moses, Jeffrey W.; Wertheimer, John H.; Bodenheimer, Monty M.; Banka, Vidya S.; Feldman, Michael; Helfant, Richard H. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Apr81 Part 1, Vol. 94 Issue 4, p425
Presents a study that determined the efficacy of nifedipine in rest angina refractory to propranolol and nitrates in patients with obstructive coronary artery disease. Clinical characteristics of the patients; Response to nifedipine; Methodology and results of the study.
- Myocardial Ischemic Preconditioning: A Novel Approach to Cardioprotection. Rohilla, Ankur; Rohilla, Seema; Singh, Gurfateh; Singh, Ramnik // Journal of Pharmacy Research;Jan2010, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p132
Myocardial ischemia is a condition in which the coronary blood flow to the myocardium is abridged resulting in deficient oxygen and nutrients supply to the heart. Reperfusion to an ischemic myocardium often results in lethal myocardial injury. The brief episodes of ischemia and reperfusion given...
- Intracoronary endothelin receptor blockade improves endothelial function in patients with coronary artery disease. Böhm, Felix; Jensen, Jens; Svane, Bertil; Settergren, Magnus; Pernow, John // Canadian Journal of Physiology & Pharmacology;Nov2008, Vol. 86 Issue 11, p745
Endothelin (ET)-1 receptor blockade improves endothelial function in the forearm of patients with atherosclerosis. The aim was to investigate whether intracoronary ET receptor blockade improves coronary endothelial function and increases blood flow in patients with coronary artery disease. Ten...
- Effect of ectasia size or the ectasia ratio on the thrombosis in myocardial infarction frame count in patients with isolated coronary artery ectasia. Kosar, Feridun; Acikgoz, Nusret; Sahin, Ibrahim; Topal, Ergun; Aksoy, Yuksel; Cehreli, Sengul // Heart & Vessels;Sep2005, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p199
Coronary blood flow was quantified using the thrombosis in myocardial infarction (TIMI) frame-count method. This measurement has been significantly correlated with flow velocity measured invasively by use of a Doppler flow wire. Coronary artery ectasia or aneurysm (CEA) is thought to be present...