EFFECT OF SODIUM BICARBONATE ON CANINE LEFT VENTRICULAR FUNCTION
- Health related quality of life after percutaneous coronary intervention versus coronary artery bypass graft surgery in patients with acute coronary syndromes without ST-segment elevation. 12-month follow up. Szygula-Jurkiewicz, Bozena; Zembala, Marian; Wilczek, Krzysztof; Wojnicz, Romuald; Polonski, Lech // European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery;May2005, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p882
Abstract: Objective: The efficacy of percutaneous and surgical revascularization in acute coronary syndromes without ST-segment elevation is similar. Therefore, other factors, like health-related quality of life, should play an important role in choosing the revascularization method. Methods: We...
- Propofol. // Reactions Weekly;11/5/2011, Issue 1376, p25
The article describes the case of a 17-year-old girl who experienced propofol infusion syndrome during treatment with propofol infusion. Particular focus is given to the medical history and treatment regimen of the patient. It notes that metabolic acidosis was corrected by continuous veno-venous...
- Complete arterial coronary revascularisation using radial artery conduit for double thoracic artery inlet flow: arterial sling operation. Christensen, John B.; Lund, Jens T.; Kassis, Eli; Kelbæk, Henning // European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery;Mar2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p391
Background: Coronary artery bypass graft surgery with arterial revascularisation of all diseased coronary vessels is considered highly efficient because arterial grafts have an excellent long-term patency compared with venous grafts. However, problems to reach the infero-lateral wall with the in...
- Off-Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting and Transmyocardial Laser Revascularization. Gregoric, Igor; Messner, Gregory; Couto, Wilson J.; Sartori, Michele; Cervera, Roberto; Kadipasaoglu, Kamuran; Frazier, O.H. // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2003, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p13
Off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting may be combined with adjunctive transmyocardial laser revascularization to optimize revascularization. This approach may be advantageous for high-risk patients, particularly those having undergone previous sternotomies. From October 2000 through May 2001,...
- Fewer off-pump CABG procedures performed in past decade. // Cardiology Today;Jun2014, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p24
The article reports on the decline in the use of off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery (CABG).
- CTO PCI outcomes improving for patients with prior CABG. // Cardiology Today;Jun2014, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p48
The article reports on the positive outcomes of chronic total occlusion and percutaneous coronary intervention (CTO PCI) for patients with previous coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG).
- Emergency Off-Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting. Capdeville, Michelle; Lee, Jai H. // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2001, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p208
Reports on a case of a 55-year-old woman with multiple comorbid conditions in whom acute left main coronary artery dissection occurred during attempted percutaneous transluminal coronary angiosplasty. Medical history of the patient; Reported benefits of avoiding cardiopulmonary bypass; Reason...
- For some patients, heart bypass is no longer open-heart surgery. Pratt, Timothy // West County Journal;2/1/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 5, pB2
The article focuses on the emergence of surgical techniques which render coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) procedures minimally invasive.
- Screening of Cardiovascular Risk factors in patients undergoing Coronary Artery Bypass grafting (CABG). Islam, FerdousAra; Hossain, Md. Zakir // Nepal Journal of Epidemiology;2014, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p3
An abstract of the article "Screening of Cardiovascular Risk factors in patients undergoing Coronary Artery Bypass grafting (CABG)," by Ferdous Ara Islam and colleagues is presented.