THE INSIDE-OUT ELECTROCARDIOGRAPHIC STRESS TEST: A VIEW FROM THE LEFT VENTRICULAR CAVITY
- The Resting Electrocardiogram as a Screening Test. Sox Jr., Harold C.; Garber, Alan M.; Littenberg, Benjamin // Annals of Internal Medicine;9/15/89, Vol. 111 Issue 6, p489
Discusses the evidence that a resting electrocardiogram (ECG) predicts cardiac disease in healthy persons. Role of ECG in screening for coronary artery disease; Reasons that some experts recommend against using resting ECG to screen for coronary heart disease; Definition of screening;...
- Country cardiograms case 26: Answer. MacLellan, Keith // Canadian Journal of Rural Medicine;Fall2004, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p266
Presents an electrocardiography (ECG) interpretation to country cardiograms case 26. Explanation on the ECG features in case 26; Assessment on the results.
- The U wave in the electrocardiogram: A solution for a 100-year-old riddle. Ritsema van Eck, Henk J.; Kors, Jan A.; van Herpen, Gerard // Cardiovascular Research;Aug2005, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p256
Abstract: Objective: In the electrocardiogram (ECG) the U wave follows the T, which is considered to reflect the repolarization of the cardiac ventricles. Despite the U wave''s well-known clinical relevance, a satisfactory explanation of its origin is still outstanding. We have undertaken to...
- eÂ·lecÂ·troÂ·carÂ·diÂ·o Â·gram. // American Heritage Student Science Dictionary;2009, p111
A definition of the term "electrocardiogram" is presented. It refers to the recording of the electrical activity of the heart. The electrocardiogram is used by doctors to analyze how well the heart is working and to diagnose abnormal heart rhythms.
- ELECTROCARDIOGRAM. Schnell, Zoanne Burgess; Van Leeuwen, Anne M.; Kranpitz, Todd R. // Davis's Comprehensive Handbook of Laboratory & Diagnostic Tests ;Jan2003, p456
Presents a comprehensive laboratory and diagnostic guide to electrocardiogram. Use of the test in terms of assessment, evaluation and assisting in the diagnosis of a clinical condition; Description of normal and abnormal findings of the test; Factors that may impair the results of the...
- ECG QUIZ. // Pulse;6/7/2004, Vol. 64 Issue 23, p52
Presents a quiz on the interpretation of electrocardiogram readings on elderly patients.
- Mobile telemetry for pre-hospital thrombolysis: problems and solutions. Pedley, David K.; Beedie, Stephen; Ferguson, James // Journal of Telemedicine & Telecare;Aug2005 Supplement 1, Vol. 11, p78
In the Angus region of Scotland, we have used mobile telemetry to facilitate pre-hospital thrombolysis by paramedic staff. An initial survey demonstrated that connection could be achieved in all but three locations. In the first year of operation, 229 contacts were received. Communication...
- C.Net2000+ ECG monitor. // GP: General Practitioner;9/22/2003, p77
The article provides information about C.Net2000 and echocardiography (ECG)monitor. It examines 42 different ECG parameters. It is able to recognize and classify nine different rhythm disorders and store significant traces as they occur.
- ON-LINE AND OFF-LINE ECG AND MOTION ACTIVITY MONITORING SYSTEM FOR ATHLETES. Korsakas, Stasys; Vainoras, Alfonsas; Gargasas, Liudas; Miškinis, Vytenis; Ruseckas, Rimtautas; Jurkonis, Vidmantas; Vitartaitė, Algė; Poderys, Jonas // Education. Physical Training. Sport;2007, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p31
The aim of this paper is to present a new ECG and motion activity monitoring and on-line analysis system for athletes. The developed system is intended to facilitate the coach in optimizing and individualizing the training of elite athletes. The hardware system consists of the device for...