THE SAFETY OF ï¿½-PROPIOLACTONE AS A BIOLOGIC STERILIZING AGENT
- New Drugs: Abatacept, Sorafenib, and Nelarabine. Hussar, Daniel A. // Journal of the American Pharmacists Association: JAPhA;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p300
Provides information on abatacept, sorafenib and nelarabine, three new drugs. Evaluation of abatacept in placebo-controlled studies and discussion on the labeled indications for abatacept; Commonly reported adverse events with the use of sorafenib; Major concern with the use of nelarabine.
- celiprolol hydrochloride. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p146
The article presents information on celiprolol hydrochloride, a beta-blocker which is used as antihypertensive for raised blood pressure. Administration of the drug is oral. The side effects of the drug are headache, sleepiness, fatigue, nausea, bronchospasm and slowing of the heart.
- Chemydur 60XL. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p149
The article presents information on Chemydur 60XL, a proprietary, prescription-only preparation of the drug isosorbide mononitrate. It is used as a drug, and is available as modified-release tablets.
- tetracosactrin. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p738
An encyclopedia entry for "tetracosactrin" is presented. Tetracosactide was previously known as tetracosactrin.
- topical. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p539
This article presents information on the topical application of a drug, which means that the drug is applied to the body's surface. It is usually in the form of a lotion and spray.
- Spectrophotometric Estimation of Gatifloxacin in Tablets. Mali, A. V.; Dhavale, R. P.; Mohite, V. L.; Mahindrakar, A. R.; Pore, Y. V.; Kuchekar, B. S. // Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences;2006, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p386
A simple, sensitive, rapid, accurate, and precise spectrophotometric method has been developed for estimation of gatifloxacin in pharmaceutical dosage forms. The method is based on formation of orange coloured chromogen due to reaction of gatifloxacin with ferric nitrate reagent solution, which...
- Non-traditional study designs to demonstrate average bioequivalence for highly variable drug products. Patterson, Scott D.; Zariffa, Névine M.-D.; Montague, Timothy H.; Howland, Kate // European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology;Nov2001, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p663
Objective: To demonstrate average bioequivalence, the ninety-percent confidence intervals (CI) on the ratio of geometric means for area under the concentrationâ€“time curve (AUC) and maximum observed plasma concentration (Cmax) must lie within 0.80â€“1.25. Demonstration of average...
- INTERNATIONAL ADDICTIONS INFOLINE. // Journal of Psychoactive Drugs;Mar2004, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p95
Presents news updates on pharmacotherapy, copiled as of March 2004. Guideline development for office-based pharmacotherapies for opioid dependence; Role of family history in addiction severity and treatment response; Abstracts from meetings and conferences.
- Compatibility of anidulafungin with other drugs during simulated Y-site administration. Trissel, Lawrence A.; Ogundele, Abayomi B. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;4/15/2005, Vol. 62 Issue 8, p834
The article discusses compatibility of anidulafungin with other drugs during simulated Y-site administration. Anidulafungin, a novel investigational antifungal, is in a unique molecular class known as echinocandins. Anidulafungin is a broad-spectrum antifungal and has activity against strains...