INFLUENCE OF COLD ON CATECHOLAMINE RESPONSE OF VASCULAR SMOOTH MUSCLE STRIPS FROM RESISTANCE VESSELS OF SCLERODERMA SKIN
- Calcified Unruptured Sinus of Valsalva Aneurysm in a Child. Furtado, Arul; Shivanna, Devananda; Peer, Syed; Mahimarangaiah, Jayaranganath // Pediatric Cardiology;Dec2011, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p1228
Sinus of Valsalva aneurysms (SOVAs) might be congenital or acquired in origin. They might present as a rupture or as a consequence of compression on adjacent structures. The treatment of such aneurysms in adults is well documented. Calcified unruptured SOVAs are rarer and their management is not...
- CARDIOAUDITORY SYNDROME OF JERVELL AND LANGE- NIELSEN. Mosavy, S. H.; Shafegh, F. // Angiology;Sep1976, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p535
A case is described of true Jervell and Lange-Nielsen syndrome in an 8-year-old girl. The syndrome consists of congenital deafness, prolonged Q-T interval, and ventricular arrhythmia.
- Left Ventricular Pseudoaneurysm Presenting Twenty-eight Months After Myocardial Infarction. Martin, Raquel; Tegtmeier, Terry; Smith, Alison S.; Ognibene, Andr� // Angiology;Feb1997, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p177
The authors report an unusually late presentation of a ventricular pseudoaneurysm more than two years after an inferior lateral myocardial infarction and the first case evaluated by Cine loop magnetic resonance imaging.
- Aneurysms of the Pulmonary Arteries -- A Case Report. Gould, Lawrence; Yang, David C.; Patel, C.; Patel, D.; Lee, J.; Judge, D.; Taddeo, M. // Angiology;Jun1987, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p474
A fifty-five-year-old male demonstrated over a three-year period marked enlargement of pulmonary aneurysms. This can be a fatal condition owing to rupture of the aneurysms.
- Traumatic left ventricular true aneurysm: echocardiographic, MRI, and intraoperative images. Elbehery, S.; Barrea, C.; Sluysmans, T. // Heart;Jun2006, Vol. 92 Issue 6, p726
The article presents a medical case of a 12-year old boy diagnosed with traumatic left ventricular true aneurysm based on echocardiographic, magnetic resonance imaging and intraoperative images. Diagnostic imaging proved insensitive in discriminating between true aneurysm and pseudoaneurysm. The...
- Intracardiac Sound as a Diagnostic Adjunct in Subaortic Stenosis. Stein, Paul D.; Sabbah, Hani N.; Anbe, Daniel T.; Khaja, Fareed; Folger Jr., Gordon M. // Angiology;Dec1979, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p825
The purpose of this investigation is to demonstrate the potential diagnostic value of intracardiac sound recordings in patients with subaortic stenosis. Intracardiac pressure and sound were measured in 10 patients with various types of subaortic obstructions using a catheter-tip micromanometer....
- Left ventricular aneurysm in the scope of gated perfusion SPECT: accuracy of detection and ejection fraction calculation. Fevziye Canbaz; Tarik Basoglu; Kenan Durna; Sibel Semirgin; Sevgi Canbaz // International Journal of Cardiovascular Imaging;Aug2008, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p585
AbstractÂ Â Purpose The objective of this trial was to investigate the capacity of gated perfusion SPECT (GPS) to detect left ventricular aneurysm (ANV) by comparing QGS and 4D-MSPECT (4DM) algorithms with radionuclide ventriculography (RVG). Secondarily, the comparison of GPS ejection...
- Disappearing False Aneurysm of the Ventricular Septum Without Rupture: A Complication of Acute Inferior Myocardial Infarction - A Case Report. Kanemoto, Nariaki; Hirose, Satoru; Goto, Yuichiro; Matsuyama, Seiya // Angiology;Mar1988 Part 1, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p263
An interseptal false aneurysm of the left ventricle due to the dissection of the septum in a patient with acute inferior myocardial infarction is described. The aneurysm was demonstrated as a cystic bulge of the left ventricular cavity into the inferoposterior interventricular septum with a...
- Thrombosed congenital extrahepatic portal vein aneurysm in an infant. Wen, Yang; Goo, Hyun // Pediatric Radiology;Mar2012, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p374
Extrahepatic portal vein aneurysm is extremely rare in infants. We report an infant with thrombosed congenital extrahepatic portal vein aneurysm demonstrated on US and CT. Follow-up US after 16 months showed complete regression of the portal vein aneurysm.