RUPTURED VENOUS ANEURYSM OF THE PERSISTENT LEFT SUPERIOR VENA CAVA
- Large thrombosed saccular aneurysm of superior vena cava complicated by pulmonary embolism in a young woman. Kalejs, Martins; Kolitis, Ralfs; Stradins, Peteris; Lacis, Romans // European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery;May2012, Vol. 41 Issue 5, pe126
Several photographs of computerized tomography (CT scan) of the superior vena cava (SVC) saccular aneurysm including volume render image, dimensions of the aneurysm in millimeters and SVC aneurysm with thrombi inside are presented.
- A giant pseudoaneurysm of the sinus of Valsalva with pulmonary artery obstruction. Kokubo, Manabu; Matsubara, Tatsuaki; Ueda, Yuuichi; Murohara, Toyoaki // European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery;May2012, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p1204
Several photographs related to computerized tomography images of aneurysm of the sinus of valsalva with pulmonary artery obstruction including right coronary sinus, superior vena cava and pulmonary artery are presented.
- The Relationship of the Inferior Vena Cava and Its Branches to Aortoiliac Surgery. Andros, George // Vascular Surgery;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p67
Knowledge of the normal and abnormal anatomy of the inferior vena cava and its branches increases the ease and effectiveness of the surgical treatment of occlusions and aneurysms of the aortoiliac segment. The surgical anatomy and techniques for dealing with renal vein anomalies, vena cava...
- Hypoxia Caused by Persistent Left Superior Vena Cava Connecting to the Left Atrium. Freeman, Andrew M.; Fenster, Brett E.; Weinberger, Howard D.; Buckner, J. Kern; Lynch, David // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2012, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p662
We relate the case of a 40-year-old man with a history of premature birth and dextroposition of the heart who presented for an evaluation of persistent hypoxia. An unrevealing pulmonary evaluation and agitated-saline echocardiogram led to cardiac magnetic resonance imaging. This revealed a very...
- Prevalence of Thromboembolic Disease Including Superior Vena Cava and Brachiocephalic Veins. Oymak, Fatma Sema; Buyukoglan, Hakan; Tokgoz, Bulent; Ozkan, Metin; Tasdemir, Kutay; Mavili, Ertugrul; Gulmez, Inci; Demir, Ramazan; Ozesmi, Mustafa // Clinical & Applied Thrombosis/Hemostasis;Apr2005, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p183
Thrombosis of the brachiocephalic veins or superior vena cava (SVC) is rare. This study was conducted to determine the prevalence and characteristics of thrombosis of brachiocephalic veins and SVC, and its association with symptomatic pulmonary embolism CPE). The prevalence of thrombosis...
- Upper extremity deep vein thrombosis treated by a filter in the superior vena cava placed intraoperatively to allow safe esophageal surgery: Report of a case. KANZAKI, RYU; YANO, MASAHIKO; TAKAMI, HIROSHI; MOTOORI, MASAAKI; KISHI, KENTARO; MIYASHIRO, ISAO; ISHIKAWA, OSAMU; IMAOKA, SHINGI // Surgery Today;Mar2010, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p254
Upper extremity deep vein thrombosis (UEDVT) is an infrequent but dangerous vascular event, especially for patients undergoing thoracic surgery. However, there is no standard perioperative management to reduce the risk of pulmonary thromboembolism in such patients. We describe how we performed...
- The Case Against Aggressive Treatment. Myers, Kenneth A. // Vascular Surgery;May/Jun1997, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p321
Discusses a case against aggressive treatment for chronic venous obstruction. Presentation of a case of venous stenting for the superior vena cava syndrome; Evaluation of patients with phlebography; Development of phlegmasia cerulea dolens in a patient's lower extremities.
- Fistula from Right Internal Mammary Artery to Superior Vena Cava. Azpurua, Federico E.; Dougherty, Kathryn G.; Massumi, Ali; Strickman, Neil E. // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2012, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p727
A 55-year-old woman presented with dyspnea on exertion due to a right internal mammary artery-to-superior vena cava arteriovenous fistula that occurred after pacemaker lead extraction with a laser sheath. The fistula was successfully repaired by placing a covered stent in the right internal...
- Ruptured Aneurysm of the Sinus of Valsalva in Association with Persistent Left Superior Vena Cava A Case Report. Yildinr, Aylin; Kemal Batur, Mustafa; Kabakci, Giray // Angiology;Feb2000, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p167
A 58-year-old man presenting with chest pain and dyspnea was diagnosed by trans-esophageal echocardiography and cardiac catheterization to have the rare combination of ruptured aneurysm of noncoronary sinus of Valsalva into the right ventricle in association with persistent left superior vena...