A REAPPRAISAL OF THE INJECTION TREATMENT OF VARICOSE VEINS
- Chapter 59: VEINS - VARICOSE VEINS, ULCERS, PHLEBITIS. // Understanding Surgery;2001, p223
The article focuses on varicose veins, ulcers and phlebitis. The venous system is the low pressure system which brings poorly oxygenated blood back to the heart and to the lungs to be re-oxygenated. Because the blood flows towards the lungs, debris or clots in the veins can be swept into the...
- Prodromal Signs and Symptoms Of a Venous Pulmonary Embolism. English, Jujuan B. // MEDSURG Nursing;Dec2006, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p352
Venous pulmonary embolism causes 50,000 to 200,000 thousand deaths annually, primarily because early signs and symptoms often are unrecognized. Prodromal signs and symptoms of a venous pulmonary embolism are presented based on a review and synthesis of the literature.
- Right atrial thrombus formation associated with central venous catheters utilization in hemodialysis patients. Ghani, Mohammad K.; Boccalandro, Fernando; Denktas, Ali E.; Barasch, Eddy // Intensive Care Medicine;Oct2003, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p1829
Objective. To report five patients on hemodialysis via an indwelling central venous catheter who developed a thrombus located exclusively on the right atrial wall opposing the emptying site of the superior vena cava and to determine the possible cause of this location. Design. Transthoracic...
- Multiple Pulmonary Emboli Secondary to Femoral Vein Aneurysm. Traphagen, Donald W.; Ecklar, G. Patrick; Holden, Charles R. // Vascular Surgery;Jan/Feb1984, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p63
Presents a case report of a patient with multiple pulmonary emboli secondary to a popliteal vein aneurysm with associated thrombus. Medical history; Result of echacardiogram of the patient; Cause of the pulmonary emboli.
- Lessons from Surgical Embolectomy for Saddle Pulmonary Embolism: A Case Report and Literature Review. Williams, Eric W.; Cawich, Shamir o.; Irvine, Roger; Shah, Sundeep; Williams-Johnson, Jean; Blake, Garfield; Singh, Praim; Hall, Nadia; Espinosa, Kurdell; French, Simone // Internet Journal of Thoracic & Cardiovascular Surgery;2007, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p2
Saddle emboli are one of the most severe forms of Pulmonary Embolism and are associated with high mortality rates. Patient salvage depends upon making an early diagnosis, although there is still much controversy regarding the ideal therapeutic strategy for confirmed cases. We present a case...
- Commentary: A simple prediction rule identified patients with pulmonary embolism at low risk of short term death. O'Flaherty, Martin; Gandara, Esteban // Evidence Based Medicine;Aug2006, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p121
The article reflects on the Aujesky rule which has identified patients with pulmonary embolism at low risk of short term death. It argues that the Aujesky rule is an accurate risk prediction tool which is useful in a wide range of settings and is a promising therapeutic decision aid. It compares...
- Endovascular Laser in the Treatment of surface venous insufficiency of Lower Limbs. Soracco, Jorge Enrique; D'Ámbola, Jorge Lopez; Ciucci, José Luis; Belczak, Cleusa Ema Quilici // Journal of Phlebology & Lymphology;2009, Vol. 2, p10
The aim of this current study was to evaluate the efficiency in terms of vein occlusion of endovascular therapy in the treatment of insufficiency of the saphenous vein and its branches using high-power, 810-nm wavelength laser diodes. From June 1st 1999 to December 30th 2002, 136 women and 79...
- Right Atrial Extension of Primary Venous Leiomyosarcoma: Pulmonary Embolism and Budd-Chiari Syndrome at Presentation. Gowda, Ramesh M.; Gowda, Mamatha R.; Mehta, Nirav J.; Osborne, Rhonda; Bixon, Ronda; Vasavada, Balendu C.; Sacchi, Terrence J. // Angiology;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p213
Venous leiomyosarcomas are rare and arise predominantly in the inferior vena cava (IVC). The clinical findings are nonspecific and may precede the diagnosis by several years. IVC leiomyosarcoma is predominantly seen in women. lntracavitary extension of vascular tumors tends to result from...
- Venous Disease. Rutherford, Robert B. // Journal of Surgical Radiology;Jul2011, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p318
A quiz concerning venous disease is presented.