POSTMORTEM CORONARY ARTERIOGRAM
- Marked Reduction of Effective Radiation Dose in Patients Undergoing CT Coronary Angiography using Prospective ECG Gating Freeman, Anthony; Learner, Ruth; Eggleton, Simon; Lambros, John; Friedman, Daniel // Heart, Lung & Circulation;Aug2011, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p512
Coronary CT angiography (CCTA) is a rapidly evolving technology which can characterise and image sub clinical atherosclerotic plaque and visualise anatomy and quantitate stenosis. Concern about radiation exposure has limited the uptake of this technology. The aim of this study was to review the...
- RECENT ADVANCES IN CORONARY MRA AND FLOW QUANTIFICATION. Firmin, D.N. // Acta Radiologica;Apr2000 Supplement 422, Vol. 41, p6
Describes advances in coronary magnetic resonance angiography and flow quantification. Development of the segmented FLASH sequence in the late 1980s; Improvements in the efficiency of respiratory gating; Enhancement of gradient performance; Coronary flow techniques.
- CORONARY MRA. Duerinckx, A.J. // Acta Radiologica;Apr2000 Supplement 422, Vol. 41, p48
Reports on the advances in the magnetic resonance (MR) angiography of coronary arteries. MR imaging sequences; Variations in MR techniques; Development of different magnetic resonance imaging techniques applied in the area.
- Incidental hyperdensity within esophagus on coronary CT angiography. Ozturk, Ersin; Kara, Kemal; Saglam, Muzaffer; Ozturker, Coskun // Wiener Klinische Wochenschrift;Dec2014, Vol. 126 Issue 23/24, p818
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about the prevalence and clinical importance of incidentally detected non-coronary cardiovascular findings in patients who underwent coronary multidetector computed tomography angiography, which appeared in the previous issue.
- Setting international standards for verbal autopsy. Baiden, Frank; Bawah, Ayaga; Biai, Sidu; Binka, Fred; Boerma, Ties; Byass, Peter; Chandramohan, Daniel; Chatterji, Somnath; Engmann, Cyril; Greet, Dieltiens; Jakob, Robert; Kahn, Kathleen; Kunii, Osamu; Lopez, Alan D.; Murray, Christopher J. L.; Nahlen, Bernard; Rao, Chalapati; Sankoh, Osman; Setel, Philip W.; Shibuya, Kenji // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;Aug2007, Vol. 85 Issue 8, p570
The article presents the authors' views on setting international standards for verbal autopsy (VA). The author says that more and more countries are using verbal autopsies (VA) to meet the information requirements of their health systems. The author further says that it is a method of...
- Value of 3D-Volume Rendering in the Assessment of Coronary Arteries with Retrospectively Ecg-Gated Multislice Spiral Ct. Mahnken, A. H.; Wildberger, J. E.; Sinha, A. M.; Dedden, K.; Stanzel, S.; Hoffmann, R.; Schmitz-Rode, T.; Günther, R. W. // Acta Radiologica;May2003, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p302
Abstract Purpose: To assess the diagnostic value and measurement precision of 3D volume rendering technique (3D-VRT) from retrospectively ECG-gated multislice spiral CT (MSCT) data sets for imaging of the coronary arteries. Material and Methods: In 35 patients, retrospectively ECG-gated MSCT of...
- First head-to-head comparison of effective radiation dose from low-dose 64-slice CT with prospective ECG-triggering versus invasive coronary angiography. Herzog, B. A.; Wyss, C. A.; Husmann, L.; Gaemperli, O.; Valenta, I.; Treyer, V.; Landmesser, U.; Kaufmann, P. A. // Heart;Oct2009, Vol. 92 Issue 20, p1656
Background: Reduction of radiation burden of multidetector computed tomography coronary angiography (CTCA) has remained an important task. Objective: To compare effective radiation dose of low-dose 64-slice CTCA using prospective ECG-triggering versus diagnostic invasive coronary angiography...
- Computed tomography versus exercise electrocardiography in patients with stable chest complaints: real-world experiences from a fast-track chest pain clinic. Nieman, K.; Galema, T.; Weustink, A.; Neefjes, L.; Moelker, A.; Musters, P.; de Visser, R.; Mollet, N.; Boersma, H.; de Feijter, P. J. // Heart;Oct2009, Vol. 92 Issue 20, p1669
Objective: To compare the diagnostic performance of CT angiography (CTA) and exercise electrocardiography (XECG) in a symptomatic population with a low-intermediate prevalence of coronary artery disease (CAD). Design: Prospective registry. Setting: Tertiary university hospital. Patients: 471...
- Image quality and dose performance of 80 kV low dose scan protocol in high-pitch spiral coronary CT angiography: feasibility study. Wang, Dan; Hu, Xiu-hua; Zhang, Shi-zheng; Wu, Run-ze; Xie, Su-su; Chen, Bin; Zhang, Qiao-wei // International Journal of Cardiovascular Imaging;Feb2012, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p415
To investigate the image quality and dose performance of 80 kV high-pitch spiral (HPS) coronary CT angiography (CCTA). 106 patients consecutively enrolled into prospectively ECG-triggering HPS CCTA (pitch = 3.4) exam using kV/ref. mAs = 80/400, 100/370, and 120/370 when patient BMI was...