MODERN CONCEPTS CONCERNING ETIOLOGY AND TREATMENT OF CEREBROVASCULAR ACCIDENTS
- Clinical Quiz Answers. // Africa Health;Jul2015, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p33
A quiz concerning the diagnosis and symptoms in a baby is presented.
- FEVER WITH HEMATOLOGIC CHANGES RESEMBLING INFECTIOUS MONONUCLEOSIS AS A SEQUEL OF BLOOD VESSEL GRAFTING. Göthman, Bengt; Ohlsson, Wilhelm T. L. // Angiology;Oct1959, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p355
A number of cases have been reported earlier in which surgical intervention for pulmonary tuberculosis was followed by fever, associated with hematologic changes resembling those in infectious mononucleosis. An account is given in the present paper of a similar complication as a sequel of blood...
- Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation: An Underdiagnosed Cause of Stroke? Leifer, Dana // Neurology Alert;Sep2007, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p7
Approximately 30% of ischemic strokes do not have a definite etiology (cryptogenic) even after diagnostic evaluations that are considered comprehensive by current standards. It is often thought that many of these strokes are embolic in origin. One possible explanation for some of these...
- Bipolar II Disorder: Epidemiology, Diagnosis and Management. Benazzi, Franco // CNS Drugs;2007, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p727
Bipolar II disorder (BP-II) is defined, by DSM-IV, as recurrent episodes of depression and hypomania. Hypomania, according to DSM-IV, requires elevated (euphoric) and/or irritable mood, plus at least three of the following symptoms (four if mood is only irritable): grandiosity, decreased need...
- Posterior Knee Pain and Its Causes. Muché, Julie A.; Lento, Paul H. // Physician & Sportsmedicine;Mar2004, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p23
Because posterior knee pain is a relatively uncommon patient complaint, its etiology is challenging and often elusive. The differential diagnosis for posterior knee pain can be vast, so clues for distinguishing causes are important. Many clinicians are unfamiliar with this complicated anatomic...
- Shy-Drager Syndrome (MSA) Reversal Through Alternative Medicine. Lahoz, S. Colet // Townsend Letter for Doctors & Patients;May2005, Issue 262, p64
Describes cases of patients presented with Shy-Drager Syndrome. Etiology of the disease; Medical investigations in patients with the disease; Management for patients with the syndrome.
- Successful treatment of acquired palmoplantar keratodermas relies on identification of the underlying aetiology. // Drugs & Therapy Perspectives;Dec2007, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p12
Acquired palmoplantar keratodermas are a group of hyperkeratosis disorders with diverse presentation. Diagnosis and treatment of the underlying aetiology is the most successful course of action. In recalcitrant or severe cases, the use of pharmacological treatments, such as keratolytics or...
- Pharyngitis. Vincent, Miriam T.; Celestin, Nadhia; Hussain, Aneela N. // American Family Physician;3/15/2004, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p1465
Presents a study which dealt with the diagnosis of pharyngitis. Epidemiology and pathogenesis; Differential diagnosis; Etiology.
- Cardiomyopathy. // Diseases & Disorders: A Nursing Therapeutics Manual, 2nd edition;2002, p201
Provides information on cardiomyopathy. Causes; Diagnosis; Planning and implementation of treatment.