- Permanent Endocardial Pacing in Complete Heart Block. Harthorne, J. Warren; Austen, W. Gerald; Corning, Howard; McNamara, Joseph J.; Sanders, Charles A. // Annals of Internal Medicine;May67, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p831
Presents a study on the use of bipolar endocardial electrode and an implantable variable rate pacemaker unit in several patients with heart block. Information on heart block; Clinical features of the patients with heart block; Other methods of long-term electrical stimulation of the heart.
- Heavy and Light chain amyloidosois presenting as complete heart block: A rare presentation of a rare disease. Priyamvada, P. S.; Morkhandikar, S.; Srinivas, B. H.; Parameswaran, S. // Indian Journal of Nephrology;Mar/Apr2015, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p106
Amyloidosis is an uncommon disease characterized by deposition of proteinaceous material in the extracellular matrix, which results from abnormal protein folding. Even though more than 25 precursor proteins are identified, majority of systemic amyloidosis results from deposition of abnormal...
- ECG of the month. Regan, Claire; Regan, Martin // British Journal of Cardiac Nursing;Apr2013, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p162
The article discusses the case study of a 88-year-old man who was admitted to the coronary care unit after trans-catheter aortic valve implant (TAVI) procedure. An photograph of the electrocardiography (ECG) of the concerned person is provided. A quiz concerning the case study is also presented...
- Clinical profile and outcome in patients with bifascicular block: the role of invasive electrophysiological study in planning treatment. Lone, Nazir A.; Khan, Khursheed A.; Jalal, Sheikh; Jan, Vicar M.; Rather, Hilal A.; Nazir, Shahida; Alai, Mohammad S.; Kumar, Dharminder // Journal of Chinese Clinical Medicine;2010, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p19
Objective Bifascicular block (BFB) represents an important cause of cardiac syncope especially in elderly people. The present study was conducted to assess the role of invasive electrophysiological study in substantiating the cause of syncope and also to identify-high risk group among...
- Hemodynamic Benefits of Atrial Ventricular Sequential Pacing in Complete Heart Block and Left Ventricular Failure: Case Study. Sacher, Howard L.; Sacher, Michael L. // Angiology;May1989, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p489
The authors describe 2 cases of insertion of atrial ventricular (AV) sequential pacemakers and their hemodynamic benefits.
- Pattern of Recovery for Transient Complete Heart Block After Open Heart Surgery for Congenital Heart Disease: Duration Alone Predicts Risk of Late Complete Heart Block. Aziz, Peter; Serwer, Gerald; Bradley, David; LaPage, Martin; Hirsch, Jennifer; Bove, Edward; Ohye, Richard; Dick, Macdonald // Pediatric Cardiology;Apr2013, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p999
Transient complete heart block (TCHB) is defined as complete interruption of atrioventricular conduction (AVC) after cardiac surgery followed by return of conduction. This study aimed to assess the risk for the development of late complete heart block (LCHB) after recovery of TCHB and to examine...
- Low-dose spinal anesthesia in asymptomatic complete heart block without perioperative pacing. Gupta, Kapil; Balachander, Hemavathi; Badhe, Ashok; Mohan, R. M. // Journal of Anesthesia;2010, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p660
A letter is presented that reports the case of a 26-year-old woman with congenital complete heart block who was scheduled for interval sterilization. As stated, the patient has a vital statistics of 50 beats/min pulse rate, 134/70 mmHg blood pressure, 14/min respiratory rate and she was...
- Late recurrence of infra-Hisian complete atrioventricular block. Chang, Hok-Keong; Wang, Jieh-Neng; Wu, Jing-Ming // Cardiology in the Young;Apr2012, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p230
Acquired complete atrioventricular block that is caused by infectious myocarditis is usually transient and has a favourable outcome. We report the case of a 15-year-old girl who had complete infra-Hisian atrioventricular block due to adeno viral myocarditis and received a permanent pacemaker at...
- Management Of A Parturient With A Permanent Pacemaker For Caesarean Section. Majeed, Amer; Alexander, Ratan // Internet Journal of Anesthesiology;2007, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p25
We describe the anaesthetic management of a parturient with a permanent pacemaker for congenital heart block, presenting for elective caesarean section. The implications of a pacemaker and potential complications during caesarean section are described.